Chapter Eight: Find My Victims (The Best Selling App)

-Entry created on: 5/19/2013-

Tony drove the car out onto the street and rolled down the hood. Since I wasn't really keen to look around New York City when I first moved here, I took the chance to look around. Central Park stretched out a little ways ahead of us, green grass and trees stretching for seemingly miles. I could see a pond in it, too, providing a nice spot for ducks. Even though it was extremely close to Stark Tower, it looked like the only tradegy this part of town had seen was a minor earthquake, since some buildings and sidewalks were still lined with rubble. You'd hardly know that New York suffered an alien invasion.

The pavement almost seemed to glow with rain water from the night before. Puddles lined the street, with a feel small children jumpping in them as they walk past. It was a bit windy, but seeing that it was early September, I didn't mind. I grew up going to Ava's hockey games, so cold tended not to bother me. The dark blue 'Keep Calm and Call the Doctor' shirt, which Matt gave me, and jean shorts I'd worn all day were fine. I was a bit worried about the fact that the chemicals from earlier today that soaked the material, but so far the clothes hadn't reacted, so I left it be.

The entire ride should've been peaceful, but instead it was filled with bickering from the more 'mature' members of the Avengers.

"Tony, you're supposed to be on Central Park Way!" Natasha corrected him.

''Tasha, 5th Ave is faster. Just let me do the driving!" Tony shot back.

Not even a minute later, Tony had to swerve to avoid the oncoming traffic, since 5th Ave was one way in the wrong direction. After more bickering, we finally got to the correct road, unharmed and just a bit shaken.

"Why did we leave the helicarrier just to come back?" I asked once we were safe.

"I thought we'd be safer in the tower. Obviously Fury disagreed," Tony replied coolly.

I nodded, not really sure how to keep up conversation with Earth's Mightiest heroes. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, playing around on it. I pulled up Instagram, checking to see if anyone had dropped any comments.

'Lyla, I'm in Central Park right now, and I think you just drove by...' A comment on my page read.

'Yep, that was probably me!' I responded.

A second later, I was tagged in a photo. It had to have been taken minutes earlier.

'@LylaTheGirl just drove by me! Is that the Avengers she's with?!?!' The description read.

Why do people never notice me until I really don't want to be noticed?!?

I quickly pulled up an old photo of Devon and I, hoping to explain the photo in the description. I was already getting TONS of comments.

'Guys, I am in New York, but I am definitely NOT with the Avengers. Please don't make assumptions. I'll explain in my Friday video,' I quickly typed out and posted the picture.

A lot of people were antsy for answers, but I closed Instagram and looked through my notifications. The latest one was from Find my iPhone. I opened the app, looks to see why it was alerting me.

'Your phone is being tracked. If this seems wrong to you, please answer your password to disable this,' The display read.

I quickly punched in my password. A new display opened up soon after.

'You were being tracked by 617-222-3333. Is this ok?' It read.

I recognized the number as my dad's.

Why would he... oh right he's possesed by an insane alien. Which means....

Without a second thought, I chucked my phone over my shoulder, a bit glad I had taken the back. I checked behind us, checking to see if we were being followed. Sure enough, 3 SHIELD trucks were behind us.

"Hey Tony, you said that Fury said that some of the field agents have gone missing, right?" I called up to the front seat.

"Yeah. Loki's fairy magic is at it again," He replied with his general sarcasm.

"Then shouldn't you be unnerved that 3 SHEILD cars are following us?"

The six adults whipped around, seeing the cars.

"Shit. Alright, hold on," Tony quickly swerved past a car in front of us, speeding down the road.

"Lyla, get down!" Steve called back just in time.

I ducked down just as shots were fired. Steve, who apparently brought his shield (I learned later that Tony had helped him improve it so it was retractable. It's actually really cool. The red and white parts retract in when you press the star, and vice versa.), threw it at the first car's wind shield with deadly accuracey, smashing the entire thing.

"Lyla, you confident shooting yet?" Clint called back, opening his bow and quickly pulling out and unshething an arrow.

"Not really! Plus, I don't think I could injure them without a high chance that they'd die!" I replied.

I heard Clint say something under his breath, but I was too busy looking for a way to stop the oncoming cars and not get anyone hurt to take much notice.

I can't shoot them, it's too risky and my aim isn't very good. I can't just let them open fire, there's people around.

As I was looking around, I noticed a small group of kids around my age, helping people off of the sidewalks and pointing them in the direction of a nearby school.

Good, less people on the streets. Now focus. The ground's still wet with rain water, maybe....

Wait. Wet!

I focused on the biggest puddle I could find, and quickly willed it to come up and meet me. It quickly formed in front of me, forming a large orb of water about the size of a yoga ball. The agents noticed, though, and shot at me. My blood ran cold, and I squeezed my eyes shut in anticipation. I knew any second the bullet would make impact.

Wait, last time I was angry I boiled water. Hot with anger. So with fear....

I peeked one eye open, finding the water frozen with the bullet incased in side. I breathed a sigh of relief, and the water melted. I quickly willed it into a large sheet in front of the enemy car, and imagined the scariest thing I could think of (Which happened to be the evil 'Mr. Clever' part of the Doctor from Nightmare in Silver). The water turned to ice, and the car spun out. Tony quickly sped away, and I looked back one more time to see one of the kids from the group earlier. He was farther away now, but he held something black and silver in his hands.

It was a iPhone. My powers are officially on the Internet.