Chapter 10: Engineer, Biochemist and Avenger

-Entry created on: 5/19/2013-

"They don't," Jemma confirmed as we arrived at the lab.

"We're just geniuses," Leo stated with just a hint of cockiness.

We entered the futuristic lab, Jemma and Leo each going to a table. The lab itself was entirely silvery white, with big two big windows with sliding glass doors facing the two corridors to the left and right. There were various types of equipment on the tables and the walls, all looking high tech and brand new.

"This is so coo-" I was cut off as I felt like I was being pulled down to the ground.

It barely bothered Jemma and Leo. "The helicarrier must've just taken off," Leo explained, not looking up from what looked to be a Wii U controller.

A small, flying robot launched itself off the table, hovered, then flew up to my eye level.

"Did you make this?" I asked, admiring the small robot.

I reached out to examine it, but when I touched it, it went tumbling to the ground. I quickly grabbed it.

"Sorry!" I apologized quickly.

"Yes, it's fine, just a prototype. I only came up with the idea last week. I want to build a whole fleet of them, so they could analyze things for me," He rambled as I handed it to him.

"That's awesome," I admired. "Did you use a micro-exciter to heat the fuel inside it to create thrust?"

(Disclaimer: Micro-exciters don't exist. Yet.)

"Yes... How did you know?" Leo asked, looking at me slightly bewildered.

"Well, water is typically used as a cooling agent. I am currently basically water, there for, my touch would cause it to cool and stop moving," I explained my thought process.

"See! I told you she wasn't born with it!" Jemma suddenly exclaimed.

"How can you tell?!" Leo yelled back, frustrated.

"She said currently! If she was born with it, she would have said 'I am', but 'currently' implies she hasn't had it for long!" Jemma deduced. "She's probably only had them for a week!"

"Wrong," I stated simply. "About 8 hours."

"SuperWhoLockian?" Jemma asked with a small smile.

"Duh," I smirked. "Now, enough about me. All I know is your first names and that you're geniuses."

"Leo Fitz, engineer."

"Jemma Simmons, biochemist."

"Biochemist. Huh. Actually, do you think you could help me figure out how the heck I am controlling water?" I asked.

"Of course. But first I need to know what happened exactly."

-

"You could've been more gentle," I whined, rubbing my arm where the needle Simmons had impaled me seconds earlier.

(AN: wined is treating people to dinner. Whinnied is the sound a horse makes. Whined is complaining. Get it straight.)

Jemma just rolled her eyes as she studied my blood inside the syringe.

I had explained what happened to me, all the way from my first encounter with Loki to the battle on the way to the

The blood she had taken was from just below the large gash where the chemicals had originally got in. Jemma originally wanted to take it from the wound itself, but even touching the needle to it caused extreme pain.