Chapter 23: I Try to Save the World and I Embarrass Myself

Okay, this is so, so, SO late. I'm soooo sorry. I promise I tried to keep up, but I ended up falling behind. But, here it is. Better late than never, right?

-Entry created on: 7/1/2013-

I have finally decided that I have to write this. If not what happened at the base, then at least the battle. I kinda owe you that, I think.

Anyways, while I was at the base, I spent every second under a microscope or training. They wanted to make sure that I was as ready as possible for when they attacked Boston.

Weirdly enough, after being kept away from him for so long, my dad was the one who was assigned to do most of the research into my powers. He majored in biology and held a fascination in chemistry, so it was a good fit.

While he was working with me, I noticed that he would hesitate from time to time on some of the harder or more dangerous tests. I was completely indifferent, but he seemed to care. It didn't matter, though, as the tests still went on, and my abilities grew.

When the time came that Loki called over a group of spell-bound agents and I and told us to get ready for a fight, I had better control of my powers than ever before. It's still scary to me that I find some of it so helpful.

I was expecting a smaller fight when he called us over. During my time at the base, other teams of agents had gone on missions to find equipment or take out targets. I thought this situation would be the same.

"What's the plan, exactly?" I had asked.

"You'll learn when it's time," Loki replied.

I quickly closed my mouth and fell into line behind him. I observed my surroundings, taking in my surroundings in the base for the last time. It was mainly made of steel. Some of the other agents had taken to defacing some of the SHIELD logos around the base. Scratched out and hole-speckled logos were not uncommon.

What was so weird about the base was that blue-eyed people were not the only ones working there. There were several people there who weren't under the spell, but I can't remember why they were there. In fact, I actually get really bad headaches when I try to think about it, which is concerning. I've listened to enough Welcome to Night Vale to be concerned about things like that. Anyways, I should probably get back to the story before a migraine makes me stop.

Loki led me and a few of the other agents toward where the Tesseract was kept. The blue cube itself was beautiful in a menacing kind of way. I watched as Loki carefully placed the energy into a device. Out of the device, a bright light erupted and crashed into the wall across the room.

I had to squint to prevent my eyes from burning, but when I opened them, a huge mass of soldiers in glittering armour stood where the light had hit. I quickly realized that they were Asgardian, and that they each held the same blue mark of the spell I was under in their eyes.

It quickly dawned on me.

The final battle was about to begin.

-

Soon after, I was dressed in normal clothes with the suit that could shift with my powers underneath it, and I casually walked into the Massachusetts State House. The electric blue eyes of the spell were covered by brown contacts. I shuffled behind a group of students on a tour there, blending in with them and getting through the entrance with no problems, which was extraordinary, seeing that the President himself was in the building preparing for a press conference.

It was a part of the plan to infiltrate the State House during the President's latest press conference. He was there to address the country about the Boston Bombing. It was my job to get to the roof of the building before that conference began. Loki was planning to crash it and make an announcement.