Chapter 24: From out of the Darkness...

Hey guys! Sorry for the huge gap. During that gap, I reassessed the image I had for each of the character. I decided that I needed a recast! The new cast is as follows:

Lyla is still young Emma Watson (mainly because she is my IDOL)

Ava is young Freema Agyeman (She's been my image of Ava for ages, but I never ended up updating the cast list.)

Matt is young Jensen Ackles (hot hot hot HOT hot hot hot hot)

Devon is young Samuel Anderson (Danny is my new favorite, and somehow Devon started looking like him in my head.)

Now I have to make a new cover. Oh well.

Skip the next part if you don't want spoilers.

Trigger Warnings: Misgendering, parental death, and slight gore. If you don't like that stuff, I'd recommend skipping this chapter.
~-~
- Entry created on: 7/2/2013-
Two days later, my head felt as though it was going to explode. I was trapped in darkness, with no hope of escape. Panic filled my chest, causing me to start to hyperventilate. I couldn't focus on anything except the feeling that I couldn't control myself.

Don't worry, I was fine. I suffer from something called sleep paralysis on a daily basis. I quickly realized that I this was the case, and focused on my toes. When I was finally able to wiggle them, I quickly regained control over the rest of my body.

Opening my eyes, I quickly realized that I was sitting in a hospital bed. A few days earlier, I would have panicked, but luckily, I now knew that hospitals weren't terrifying. Looking around, I realized I had caused frost to form in a wide circle around the bed.

I sat up in bed, staring down at my feet. I wiggled my toes once again. I didn't feel the icy pressure in my chest that I had felt when I was trapped under Loki's spell. I was free. I began to laugh like a maniac. I smiled a huge smile, threw my head back, and laughed.

"How the hell am I even alive?" I yelled at the ceiling between bursts of laughter.

"You're awake," A voice from the opposite side of the room spoke cautiously. "I am so, so sorry for what I've done."

I turned my head to the side, spotting Loki, in an identical hospital bed about five feet away. He was dressed in a hospital gown, as was I. I noticed right away that his eyes were emerald green. "I like you normal eyes. They're a cool color. Also, cool to see that you're okay."

Loki's brows slid together and looked at me, very confused and upset. "I ruined your life. Please, yell at me, do something. I'm a monster."

"No, you're not," I told him. "Of course you're not. A monster wouldn't feel bad about what he did. You clearly do. You know this wasn't your fault, don't you?"

"I was greedy," He admitted. "I made a deal with someone, someone who said they could bring me power, and they took over my head. Made me kill... kill so many people. All because I wanted to be useful, for once. Wanted to prove to my fath-" He stopped there, not finishing the word. "I wanted to prove to the king that I wasn't a monster. Instead, I fueled it. I drove the people who cared about me away. I killed so many. It was my fault. I gave into the monster in me, and I paid

for it. And so did you, because of me."

I was curious as to who the they he referred to was, but I decided there would be time for that later.

"It's alright. We all make mistakes. I forgive you. Thor will too, and everyone else, in time. I promise," I told him.

He laughed slightly, smiling and shaking his head. "I hope so. How can you be so understanding? It's my fault that you and your family got hurt."