Chapter Four: Best friends in Saugus

-Entry created on: 5/19/2013-

I sat alone in the training room a few hours later. Steve had to leave, and I didn't know where anything else was. I felt around in my pockets, hoping I had remembered my phone.

Luckily, I had. I typed in my password (WibblyWobblyTimeyWimey) and opened up my text app. I had 3 new messages from Ava, 9 from Devon, and 1 from Mr. Cat.

They were my 3 best friends. Well, more like only friends. They live in a sorta-small town in Massachusetts called Saugus. It's only a 20 minute drive to Boston, so technically I wasn't lying about being from there. Before I moved, we were inseperable. We were bullied, picked on, and laughed at, but we really didn't care.

Ava: Hey Ly!

You okay Lyla?

You haven't texted in ages. What's up?

Ava and I had been best friends since 1st grade. She could usually tell if something was up. When I moved to New York, she was devistated.

Devon: Hey Lyla.

Ly?

Lyla?

LYLA DAVIDSON ANSWER YOUR PHONE!

Okay fine.

Don't answer.

See if I care.

I don't.

Pleeeeease answer.

I laughed at Devon's texts, immediatly missing him. We swam in the same lane at swim team, and he was one of my best friends. I had to leave him behind too when I moved here.

Mr. Cat: CHEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!! Lol jk. What's up?

Mr. Cat's real name is Matt, which led to the nickname Matt the Cat. Now I call him Mr. Cat or Kitty online. He, Ava and I are all Whovians, so we hung out a lot. I put all three of my friends into a convo, and sent out a text.

Me: Hey guys, how's it back in the MA?

Devon: Lyla!

Mr. Cat: Jeez Ly, way to scare us.

Devon: Ava thought you blew up in the lab or something.

Ava: DID NOT!

Me: Haha, I'm fine. Just some weeeird stuff going on over here.

Mr. Cat: Oooh any more aliens?

Ava: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT TO SEE SOME AND I DIDN'T!!!!

Me: Chill, I nearly got mauled by some. Wasn't fun. Anyways, Ava's prediction wasn't too far off.

Devon: Lyla, are you okay?

Me: I've been better.

Mr. Cat: LYLA ANNIE DAVIDSON IF YOU DO NOT TELL US WHAT HAPPEN I SWEAR ON THE TARDIS I WILL SEND AN ARMY OF DALEKS TO EXTERMINATE THE CRAP OUT OF YOU!!!!

Ava: I KNEW YOU WERE CONSPIRING WITH THEM MATT!!!!

Me: Guys chill. I may or may not have super powers. All good in da hood.

Ava: What?

Devon: What?!?!?

Mr. Cat: Hahaha guys. You totally sound like David Tennant.

Mr. Cat: I mean... WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Me: Yeah... So far, control over water, invisibilty and flight. Pretty weird.

At this point I recieved a FaceTime request from Ava, which I accepted.

"Okay, prove it!" Ava exclaimed. She was sitting on her bed, with Matt and Devon sitting with her.

"Hold up, were you all sitting in the same room texting?"

"Maybe." Devon shrugged.

I sighed and put my phone on the gun rack, facing me. I started first by going invisible. It was tricky, but after thinking of things that made me mad, I eventually got it.

"HOLY CRAP!" Matt screamed.

I laughed in the middle of my efforts to turn back to normal, instead ending up semi-visible and on the ceiling.

"No way...." Ava whispered.

"Did you look into the time vortex or something?" Matt asked

"No, Matt," I smiled, catching the reference.

"That is freaky... Hold up where are you?" Ava squinted, getting closer to the screen.

"Is that the SHEILD logo??" Devon gasped.

"No way... Are you an Avenger??" Matt asked.

"Well....." The next part contains lots of fangirling/boying, so I'll skip that.

"Lyla?" I heard Tony calling for me from the hallway.

"Well guys, I gotta go. BYE!" I hung up on them, leaving them to their weirdness.

"Tony?" I called back, pocketing my phone and going into the hallway.

"What's up?"

"We're going back to the tower. You've gotta come so you can move in, and then we've got survaliance tonight. You up for it?" He asked, being a bit nicer and a lot less playboyish.

"Yeah sure..." I said a bit monotone, my head all of a sudden pounding.

I could see Tony's lips moving, but it was like someone put earbuds in my ears. My vision blurred and darkened, and I fought to keep my eyes open. Tony was shaking me now, and other people were coming. I tried to keep my eyes open, but they snapped shut. I opened my eyes again, now surronded by the Avengers.

"What happened?" Tony asked, looking worried.

"I don't know..." I breathed.

Nat left, and came back a second later with a glass of water.

"Drink this," She told me.

I quickly gulped it down, feeling better.

"Dehydration," Tony observed.

"Quick question, what color are your eyes?" Bruce asked, staring right at my eyes.

Is he secretly blind?

"Sea green, smart one. You know you're looking right at them right?" I joked.

"Actually, they're more of a light blue," Steve corrected.

"Guys, I'm not color blind. I've got green eyes. I got them from my mom," I insisted.

"They're not joking, Lyla. Look," Tony handed me his phone.

It was on the camera app. The girl staring back at me had bright blue eyes and a large gash sea green gash that stretched across her forearm. I couldn't believe she was me. As I always did when I was nervous, I reached for my mother's locket. Except now it was missing.

This day just gets better and better.