Chapter 26: The Hospital

Start from the beginning

"Well, you go to the spot. Your main goal is to save the life, not kill the Darach. If he is already dead, rain hell on that Darach and make sure it doesn't escape this time."

He nods and starts to walk out, "Thank you." He says, before closing the door.

"You're welcome."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Scott... Please!" I beg my brother, giving him puppy dog eyes. 

"No! You need to heal." He says, resisting.

"But I'm fine now, other than the marks on my wrists. I can go to the recital."

"No, and that's final. I'll see you after it." He says, leaving me with a kiss on the forehead. 

I quickly get up and write a note saying, 'Hey, I just went out for a walk. I'll be back in two hours tops.   -Lizzie'

I rush home and get into my hunting gear. I have a very bad feeling about this recital so I want to be prepared. 

By the time I get to the school, the recital has already started. As I sit perched over the school, my head whips towards the entrance as I hear a familiar scream: Lydia's scream. I rush in and find Ms. Jennifer Blake standing over her, talking about banshees. Then it clicks, Ms. Blake is the Darach. She is so assimilated into everything that no one would suspect her, no one would ever think her to be evil. 

I throw a knife into her shoulder, making her fall back. I run up to Lydia but am thrown back by Jennifer's powers. She pins me to a wall, unable to move. "I thought I had dealt with you, Savage." She snarls before duck taping Lydia's hands to the chair. Lydia whimpers as Jennifer goes behind her. I push and push, trying to get off the wall, but I can't.

"No, no, no!" Lydia says, as Jennifer tightens her grip on the garrote around Lydia's neck, choking her. She then takes the knife out of her shoulder and holds it to Lydia's neck. 

"Hold it!" I turn my head to see the Sheriff holding a gun aimed at Jennifer. She smirks and throws the knife into his shoulder, making him fall to the ground.

I see Scott run in, in full werewolf form. He roars and the sheriff looks at him in disbelief, not shock. Scott runs at Jennifer but is ultimately pushed back, knocking him out. She starts to walk towards the sheriff, but he shoots her in the leg. Her wound heals visibly as she picks the sheriff up by the knife in his chest. 

She starts to talk about everyone she has killed and I struggle more. I feel a surge of anger rise in me as she rips off his badge and crushes it. I scream as I push off the wall. I feel energy burst from me as I fall. I land in a squat and slowly get up. 

"You shouldn't be able to do that." I hear Jennifer whisper before turning back to the sheriff. "No matter. You're too late." She then turns into the figure that I saw before I woke up in the vault. The bald, scared figure. I step back, frightened. She grabs the sheriff, and bursts through the window as Stiles runs in. 

"Dad?" He asks, getting to the broken window. 

I look at Lydia and make sure she isn't hurt before running out of the room. I need to get to mom. Guardians are next.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get to the hospital to see that they are evacuating. I run around the hospital, looking. "Mom? Mom!?" I scream, looking for my mother. 

"Scott! Scott!" I hear my mom yelling. I race towards her voice and see that she is talking to Scott. "What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating."