New Years

Have you seen my titles recently? That's about the summary of my creativity.
___

   You all sat by the bonfire; You, Mark, Wade, Bob, Matthias, and all of their wives. Your laughter filled the night. The air was chilly, but that didn't faze you. It was New Years Eve, after all.

   As you waited by the fire for the fireworks to shoot up, thoughts of your tradition came to mind. They each had something that happened during the year that they wanted to forget. Everyone does. They have to confess it, but it'll be burned away in the fire. No one can judge. That was the number one rule that all of you agreed on. Its going to be a new year, so it's not best to dwell on the past.

   11:30PM

   Thirty minutes until 2015 is over. It's probably best to start the tradition now.

   "So, who wants to go first?" You ask. You grabbed a marshmallow and put it over the fire.

   "I will," Mark suggested. "This year, it's been a blessing and a curse. First, there was Daniel. I keep telling myself that I should be thinking of the good times we had, but I keep trying to think of why he did it. I can't help but think that I might of been part of the reason. But this year, I also reached 10,000,000 subscribers. Well, 11,000,000 today. I'm so happy that people actually enjoy what I do, because I sure as hell do."

   Everyone else shared their feeling of the year. Some were sad, others being disappointing. It was an even mix. Then, it went to your turn.

   "Mine isn't as bad as all of yours. Its silly, really. So this year I've developed a crush on one of my close friends. I'm just so angry at myself for even liking him. Its not that I don't like him as a person; he's amazing. Its just that I've been rejected and heartbroken so many times that I doubt anyone will actually like me. With everything going on in his life, he probably doesn't even notice my feelings." You looked straight into the fire as you spoke your truths.

   The man you were talking about sat in the circle surrounding the bonfire. It was Mark. Ever since his ex broke up with him (he's been mentioning a breakup, if you don't know) you've started to like him. You tried to stop, but every one of his actions made your love for him grow. Its torture.

   By now, the time read 11:59 pm. One more minute until 2016 started. Soon enough, you started the countdown.

(This is about to become so cliche)

5...

   You saw someone move to your side. Of course, you ignored it.

4...

   The person beside you was definitely taller.

3...

   The person grasped your hand.

2...

   You looked at the figure.

1...

   It was Mark.

   "Happy New Year!" Your friends screamed.

   Mark leaned down. His face was directly in front of yours. You could feel his hot breath in comparison to the freezing temperature surrounding you. Then, he closed the gap. The fireworks shooting into the sky weren't even close to the ones you felt inside. Marks lips moved against yours as he wrapped his arms around your waist. In response, you wrapped yours around his neck. It felt perfect.

   What a wonderful way to start a new year.

___

Annnnnd... done! I feel like my writing has become sloppy. I really need to fix that. Plus, its so short.

~~Request Here~~