Christmas

Christmas Eve

   "Hurry up, Mark! All of the Christmas lights will be off by the time your done!" You yelled as you slipped on your coat and stood by the door.

   "But (Y/n), I forgot to put on my make up!" Mark replied.

   He strutted over to you and fluttered his eyelashes. You giggled at the sight.

   "Alright, Alright. I'll help you put on your mascara on the walk. Now let's go!"

   You grabbed Mark's hand and dragged him out of the house. Instantly, a cold breeze blew into you. You shivered and huddled closer to Mark. With Mark's arm wrapped around your shoulders, you two traveled to each house and admired each exterior. The dark night made all of the lights glow brighter with confidence.

   The colors varied: blue, red, yellow, green, etc. Blown up Santa's and reindeer were spread across yards. It was a beautiful sight. Mark stopped you and turned you towards him.

"I love you, (Y/n)," Mark whispered as he leans his head closer to you.

   You connected your lips with his as an answer. Your eyes shut automatically and you wrapped your arms around his neck. The two of you stood there, lips locked, for a few minutes. Then, Mark grasped your hand in his and dragged you back home.

Christmas Day

   You woke to Mark shaking you.
   "Wake up! I want to open my gifts!" Mark yelled.

    He jumped up and pulled the covers off of you. You shivered from the loss of warmth, but still buried your face in the pillows. Mark sighed. He crawled next to you and turned. Then, he sat on you.

   You gasped for air when there was a large pressure on your back. It felt like a million pounds was thrown onto you. You tried to wiggle out of his gradp, but it seemed impossible.

   "Mark, I can't breath!" You gasped.

   "Are you ready to get up?"

   "Yes!"

   Mark hesitated before moving. You took deep breaths as you quickly got up and stood.

   "Ok, let's go." You said.

   Makr jumped in excitement. He ran out of the room with you slowly trailing behind. Mark sat by the tree, waiting. When you saw the tree, you finally felt the excitement you should've felt earlier.

   You and Mark unwrapped all of the gifts that lay under the tree. You received things that only Mark would get you. It was best not to explain them.

   After all of the presents were open, you got up to make breakfast. You were starving. When you stood up, Mark held your hand to stop you from moving. He gestured to a small box under the tree.

   "You forgot one." He whispered.
   You raised an eyebrow at him and walked over to it. Mark stood behind you as you reached down. You grabbed the box, it was made of a soft texture. By the looks of it, it seemed to be jewelry box. You flipped the lid open.

   Right in the center was a silver ring with a diamond on it. You turned to look at Mark only to see him kneeling on the floor. You gasped and your eyes watered.

   "(Y/n), you are the most beautiful women I've ever seen. You are perfect. Your so nice, smart, talented, and did I mention beautiful? Anyways, I can feel that I need you in my life. I'd be nothing without you. I love the fact that your my girlfriend, but I would rather call you Mrs. Fischback instead." He looked at you with a hopeful look. "What do you say?"

   You just stared at him for a long time. Silence filled the room. Tears still dripped from your eyes. You saw Mark open his mouth, but before he could say anything, you wrapped your arms around his neck. You continuously his cheek while whispering 'yes!'

   For Mark, this truly was a Christmas miracle.