Don't Lose the Key

FASTFORWARD THREE WEEKS

"I can't believe that we're leaving tomorrow," I say sadly to Theo. It's my final day here before we fly out to Theo's family's home. It will be my first time meeting them, and to them it will be a surprise since Theo didn't tell them previously. Theo and I are lying on the couch, with his head rested on my thigh. I'm playing with his curls of hair that frame his forehead. They're not tight curls, more like waves, but not quite that either. "I'm finally finished with physical therapy, training and I talked to Dai over the phone last night. I think I'm doing really well-"

"You called Daisha?" Theo asks me. He moves his eyes up as far as he can. I smile sweetly and nod.

"I did after you fell asleep," I say, stroking his hair some more. "I told you I would talk to her when I was ready, and I figured that before we go back to France I should let her know about everything." He raises his eyebrows.

"You told her everything?" Theo asks. I know that he's wondering if I told her about the pregnancy scare by the look on his face. I smile proudly, happy for myself that I built up enough courage to tell Daisha about what happened. I'm glad he asked about it in secret, not wanting Miss Ida to hear. She's sitting across the room in a comfy chair watching whatever show is on tv.

"Everything," I nod. He smiles at me and reaches up to gently touch my cheek.

"That's my girl," he whispers, still being secretive. I turn my face and kiss the back of his hand. "I'm proud of you."

"Life is pretty good right now," I tell sigh in content. "I couldn't ask for any better." How could Sam possibly think he wouldn't treat me how I deserve? I, like any other woman, deserve the best, and that is exactly what Theo is giving me.

"Dear, I'm going to miss the two of you being here. It's been quite the entertainment having you here," she smiles.

"Entertainment?" Theo asks her. I can't say that I'm not questioning what she means too.

"Yes; all of those games like Would You Rather, chasing each other around the house, seeing how happy you were. I'm going to miss that. It's nice to see you have a man to love, Aphrodite," she grins at me. I know that I'm blushing after hearing her say that. Theo looks back at me and he's smiling like an idiot because he knows I'm blushing too.

"I'm going to go get something to drink," I say, wanting to excuse myself from getting embarrassed by Miss Ida some more. Theo sits up so I can walk to the kitchen. I completely stand up and straighten out my black leggings. Just before I'm about to walk away, Theo pinches my butt playfully. "Hey!" I turn around, my face reddens even more. Mostly just because Miss Ida is sitting right there. Yep. There is no barriers between us anymore. He doesn't usually touch my butt unless it's just the two of us in a room. He winks at me and smirk at him. I make my way into the kitchen and hear stealthy footsteps behind me.

He swiftly wraps his arms around my torso from behind. Aw, I love these kinds of hugs. I move my lips in on his and sweetly kiss him while he's still holding me at the waist. He squeezes my stomach a little tighter, embracing me.

"I love you," I say in his ear. He kisses me under my ear on my neck. We start to sway back and forth, enjoying each other's touch.

"I love you too." He lets go of me so I can grab a bottle of water from the fridge. Before I take two steps, he paws at my butt again, almost pinching it a second time. It more just grazes, but I could tell his intention was to pinch.

"Hey!" I quickly turn around and giggle. "Stop that!" He takes my wrists and pulls me close, giving me harder kiss than I gave him. It's a kiss that's only a second long, but it sends shivers down my spine. Not that I care he touches my butt, it's playing around. I know he's not doing it to be deviant. I bend down and grab a water from the bottom shelf and turn around, pushing the door closed with my butt. He's smiling at me, trying to find the right time to say something; I can tell that's what he's doing.