Nightmares

A gun traces my body, going up and down my spine. Following the curves of my hips and waist next. I can't see the person holding the gun. Whomever it is pulls down on the chain that is on a pulley on the ceiling. My hands sail up into the air, yanking the best of my body with it. They pull so hard that I can only touch the ground by my tippy toes, the rest of my weight suspended by my wrists. I try wriggling free, but the chains are bound too tight. I feel the barrel of the handgun and the middle of my back.

"I told you I would find him," a female voice tells me. She doesn't speak with an accent of any kind. My breathing becomes shaky as the gun she holds moves around to my stomach. Her body soon follows and she stands in front of me.

"You may have found him, but you won't hurt him," I say without thinking. She comes into the light and I see her unmistakable long, curly golden hair. It falls over her face perfectly, framing her gorgeous face. "Mom?"

"Darling, did you really think that I wouldn't find out? You did an awful job of trying to hide it. You kissed him in front of me. How could you do that? I though you took your job more seriously."

"I do take it seriously," I say trembling. Her gun raises up to my chest. My heart feels like it's going to beat right out of my chest. She has an evil smile smeared across her face. "But Theo is my love, and i will love him to the end. Please, don't do it, mom. You know how I love my job-"

"I do, but what I don't know is how you love him." She puts the gun underneath my chin and pulls the trigger and I scream before the bullet kills me...

I wake up and scream out, I try to sit up quickly. I hit the side of my temple on the headboard, causing and awful ache and pain.

"Ow!" I yell, holding the side of my head. "God dammit," I say to myself, feeling blood trickle onto my fingers. My entire body is shaking in fear. Theo rushes into the room and sees me holding my face. He comes over to the side of the bed.

"I heard you screaming and I-"

"It's nothing," I say lifting my fingers from my head. I see the blood smeared across them. I try to say something else but he cuts me off.

"Come on, love, I'll help you with your head," he says before I can get another word out. He helps me to my feet and we walk into the bathroom. He flips on the light switch and I see I'm not in my dress anymore. Some how I am in a loose t-shirt and some shorts. I stay quiet, not really sure what to do. I hop up onto the vanity so I have some where to sit, and so I can be just a little bit taller. He starts going through the drawers and pulls out a washcloth. He gets it damp and looks back to me. I'm turned a little bit, looking in the mirror at my head. "The bruising along your temple and forehead is from last night when you jumped out the window. Although it probably will get worse now that you hit your head."

"I didn't think I hit the ground that hard," I say poking at the bruises. It's very tender and I flinch a little when I poke it harder. "Ow," I wince.

"Stop touching it," he moves my hand and turns my chin so he can look at it more closely. I intently have my eyes on him, but his focus stays at my bleeding forehead. He pats it with the cloth making me flinch a little every time.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah of course."

"How did I get changed out of my dress and into a t-shirt and shorts?"

"You fell asleep in the car and once we got here I helped you into the bedroom. You must have woken up a little bit because you told me to grab one of your bags. I gave it to you and you changed by yourself," he laughs. "I came in to check on you after a while and you were wearing that."