Never

I start to wake up and hear yelling outside the bedroom door. I roll over cautiously and look at the clock. It's not even seven yet. I look to my left and see Theo lying on his side next to me, still asleep. He seems to be unaffected the argument. I start to realize that it must be Miss Ida and Samuel. They never fight. Ever. I pull my legs out from the covers and tip toe across the room. I press my ear against the door to listen.

"Ida that is unacceptable and you know it!" Sam screams, getting louder and louder with each word. They must be in the living room. "Just imagine what her parents would think of her! Going around with someone she is entitled to work with! Not to mention the age gap and the fact that he's an arrogant actor!"

"Samuel you need to stay quiet!" Miss Ida hisses at him. "They are still sleeping and we shouldn't wake them!" she is trying to whisper but still sound upset. "It doesn't matter that-"

"I don't care if they are sleeping or not! You're should be thankful I'm not storming in there and tearing him to shreds!" I gasp a little and carefully turn the lock on the doorknob. Just in case. Okay, he doesn't know we slept in the same bed. Keep it that way. Theo starts to stir and sees me standing by the door. I keep my ear pressed up to it.

"What's the matter-" I hold a finger up to my lips to get him to stop talking and point to the door. Samuel begins to yell again, definitely catching Theo's attention.

"I knew something was up yesterday! But everyone said 'oh it's nothing.' Clearly it wasn't nothing! You all lied to me just to spare me?!"

"No Samuel! I knew and both of them knew that you would react this way; lash out! It's okay that they are a couple! There is nothing wrong with it! If they have true feelings for each other we shouldn't get in the way!" Theo sits up, an astonished look on his face. He doesn't exactly know how to react. He sits up to come join me by the door.

"Stay there," I say nearly inaudibly. He stays on the edge of the bed.

"You can't be mad at them, Samuel," Miss Ida tries to stay calm. "You can't tell them not to love each other. If they share a love together, then you can't tear it apart. I won't allow it." I hear a loud crash of shattering glass and Theo jumps up from the bed.

"Quick get back into your room," I say unlocking the door, "Make sure they don't see you or you will be on Sam's kill list. Don't come out." I race out the door to the living room as Theo carefully makes his way down the hallway back into the other bedroom. I get into the living room and see a broken vase, along with flowers and water covering the floor. "What is-"

"You!" Samuel shrieks at me. He stomps toward me and I stand motionless unsure of what to do. I gets closer to my face and in a panic, I try to run from him. He grabs my wrist before I can actually escape. He tugs my arm, making me yelp out in pain. Sam is a lot stronger than I am, so I know that I won't be able to shake his grip. "You told me there was nothing between you and Theo!"

"Let go of me!" I screech, struggling to free my wrist. He holds on tighter making my whole arm start to hurt.

"Samuel! Let her go!" Miss Ida rushes over to us and tries to loosen his grip. His eyes stayed glued to mine like they are inseparable from his own. I start to lose feeling in my fingers. I don't want to hurt him, but at this point I'm left no choice. I bring up my other arm and elbow him on the side of the head. He stumbles immediately and his hand drops from my wrist. He doesn't fall completely over and catches himself of the couch. Miss Ida instinctively stands in front of me, blocking him.

"Get out of the way, Ida," he grumbles. I know for a fact he would never hurt her or lay a finger on her in the way he did to me. Although I never thought he would do it to me either. I look down at my fingers and see that they've turned a sickening shade of purple. Please, Dear God, let Theo stay in his bedroom...

"I'm not going to move, Samuel," she has her arms outstretched behind her to surround me.

"Sam just let me explain-"

"You had your chance to come clean yesterday and I walk into your bedroom to check on you and see you sleeping with him?! You don't need to explain anything!" I feel the blood rush to my face, probably making me beet red. "You're lucky she," he motions to Miss Ida," was there to keep me from you then!"

"Sam it's not what you think! I had a nightmare and I asked him to stay-"

"I want you to leave. Get Theo and get out. You're not welcome here anymore," he says plainly. I look at him incredulously with pleading eyes.

"Samuel you can't do this to Aphrodite. Or Theo for that matter-"

"It's my home. Now get out before I kill that son of a bitch. I'm only going to give you one chance, so I suggest that you take it." I feel tears trickling down my cheeks. My only family, who isn't even real family, is disowning me...? Sam stands in front of us, not moving a muscle. This is the only time, in my entire assassin life, that I have been scared of Samuel. He's never intended to hurt me. Even during all of the training. When we were dealing with knives and guns, it was never terrifying in the way that this is. "You better get going because I am about to change my mind," he says through clenched teeth. I stand there, my eyes wide. Miss Ida turns around to face me. I stare at Samuel and try to speak, but no words leave my lips.

"Come on, dear," Miss Ida says coolly. "Let's take a look at your hand and get you packed." Her eyes are sad while mine are full of despair.

"Sam... it wasn't-" He gives me a vicious look, the venom in his eyes transferring to mine.

"Come on, Aphrodite," Miss Ida prods.

"Miss Ida you can't just send me away-" She turns me around and we start walking to my bedroom. I look down the hallway and see Theo's door is wide open. I break free from Miss Ida's arms and dash to the open doorway. The room is empty. I come back out from the door frame and Theo stands in front of me. I throw my arms around him, holding him close to me. Tears start falling faster and I clutch his shirt in my fists. He holds me as I start to sob.

"Shh, Aph, it's okay," he whispers gently. "Come on, we'll go back into your room to talk." He spots Miss Ida walk into my room and starts rubbing my back. I really start to cry harder, hoping Sam hears what he's done. I've never seen so much anger in one person. Not at one time anyway. Theo kisses the top of my head and we slowly get to my bedroom, closing the door behind us. I sit down on the bed next to Miss Ida and Theo on the opposite side. He places his arm around me, pulling nice and close. I lean on his shoulder and sniffle. Miss Ida takes the hand that Sam promptly squished, noticing the black and blue ring around the base of my hand.

"I'm going to go get you some ice for this. You two stay here." I nod and she hurries out. I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

"I never once, in my life, thought Sam would ever hurt me like that," I say under my breath. "Physically or emotionally." My hands start to shake and I try to conceal it, although I don't really know how. "He's kicking me out. After 20 years. He watched me grow up, was always there for me and never lashed out. Now he's going to do this just because..." A million thoughts start going through my head. Maybe this was a mistake? Maybe Theo and I really shouldn't have done this? Was I just caught up in the moment when he kissed me? Do I love him for real?

"Miss Ida will talk to him when we're gone. I'm sure it will resolve eventually."

"If I was more careful we wouldn't have to worry about it," I say guiltily.

"Don't blame yourself," he reassures me. "I still love you, and trust me when I say I'll always love you. We both knew this was coming. Just a matter of when it would happen."

"I love you, too," I reply before I even know that I was speaking. Almost like it was involuntary. "I'll never stop loving you."