We Can't Rush into Anything

(FAST FORWARD 10 DAYS)

"Theo! Get up!" I yell pounding on his door. "We need to be at the airport in 15 minutes!" I jiggle the door knob and realize it's unlocked. I pop it open all the way and see he is still lying in bed. I can smell the faint scent of whiskey coming from the room. I don't bother turning on the lights and walk over. "Theo, get up! " I make my way to the side of his bed and rip the blankets off his bed. He doesn't move a muscle. I hop onto the bed and start jumping, the way my parents used to get me out of bed.

"Quit it," he mumbles and flops over onto his stomach, his bare chest and abs catching my attention.

"Theo we need to get to the airport, we're flying to France today, remember?" I stop jumping and sit on the side of the bed. He moans and I can the smell the alcohol is stronger now. "Ugh, the whiskey smell that's coming off of you is disgusting. Did you take a bath in it or something?" I wrinkle my nose at the smell of his breath.

"No, I didn't bathe in it. Samuel and I had a drink after we finished up training last night." He sits up and holds his head in his hands. "I'll be out in five minutes."

"It smells like you had more than just one. And you have three to be out in the car and ready to go. Hurry up," I say losing patience.

"A little on edge this morning?" his voice is rough but I can still hear the sarcasm clearly.

"Just get moving. I'm not in the mood to be missing a plane today." He doesn't say anything so I roll my eyes and walk out so he can get ready. I slam the door a little, frustrated with him. Miss Ida meets me in the hallway. Her presence startles me, making me jump.

"Sorry, Miss Ida. I didn't see you there. I was just getting Theo up so we wouldn't miss our flight."

"Does Theo smell distinctly of alcohol similar to what Samuel smells of? Because it is absolutely unbearable in the bedroom. I moved out to the couch in the living room a while ago. I heard you two talking and I came to see if everything was alright." I lick my lips and nod.

"Yeah, everything is fine. I was just getting him up so we could leave on time. Thank you for letting us stay here for the time being." She pulls me in for a hug and I give her a good squeeze back.

"No trouble at all. If you need anything while you're in France, don't hesitate to call. Be safe and keep an eye on Theodore. Make sure he doesn't do anything to put either of you in danger."

"He won't leave my sight for a while. I'll make sure we stick tight the first few weeks. Don't worry about us, I'll make sure nothing happens."

"Good luck, dear. Make your mom and dad proud." I nod and Theo comes out of his room fully dressed and with a pair of sunglasses over his eyes. He's got his bag with the rest of his clothes that he brought with him slung over his shoulder. (We've been making late night trips to and from his house so he could gather his things, most of which is in my car). Samuel comes hobbling out of his and Miss Ida's bedroom holding a backpack.

"Hey, Theo. This is all of the things you'll need to be a good assassin. It's got everything in it that Aphro has in hers." Sam hands him the backpack, gives him a pat on the shoulder and goes back into his room.

"Here," I toss him the keys to my car, "you can put your stuff in the car." He catches them, although just barely, and makes his way to the front door. He stumbles a little on his way there, which makes me laugh. Miss Ida lets out a small giggle.

"Oh dear, they must have had more than I originally thought," she says still laughing. I look back at her and can tell what she's going to say next. "I know that you've said you're not looking to be in a relationship with someone, but please just consider it? You're going to get to know him quite well and you may find yourself falling for him before you are aware of it."