Tell Me Everything

FASTFORWARD FOUR DAYS

"Hi, you must be Theo! Is Aphrodite here?" I turn my head from the couch and see Daisha standing in the doorway. I quickly get up so I can introduce her to Theo.

"Aph, there's someone-"

"Hi Dai!" I pull her in for a hug and squeeze her shoulders. She wobbles around on her high heels a little bit as she gives me a hug back. "What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in months!"

"This must be Theo?" Yes?" she asks, avoiding my question. "Miss Ida has told me nothing but great things about you." She professionally holds out her hand for him to shake. "I'm Daisha, although lots of people call me Dai. Call me either of them, I don't mind," she says with a smile. She gives him a firm handshake.

"Daisha is the person the other members of the Association go to when they're having a tough time mentally with the job," I tell Theo. "Come on in." I step out of the way so she can come in and the three of us congregate around the kitchen counter. "Dai used to be an assassin like us, but-"

"I've been raising two twin boys, so needless to say, they're a bit of a handful. And my husband is as well," she jokes with us. "Aphro helped train me when I was young enough to actually be an assassin. We became really great friends because of it."

"Oh, please, Daisha. You still could be an assassin if you wanted to" She shrugs. "So what are you doing here?"

"Miss Ida gave me a call yesterday about... something." I furrow my eyebrows and look over at Theo, who has is raised.

"Do you know?" I ask him.

"Yesterday when you were in the shower and Miss Ida called me we started talking about your nightmares-"

"Theo, I told you-"

"Just listen." He holds my arms to keep my attention. Daisha clears her throat. She sits up on one of the stools and crosses her legs, waiting for us to finish talking. "I'm not questioning your strength, or how strong you can be about the nightmares. I know you say that it's not bothering you, but something is clearly wrong. You've been waking up screaming and in tears for weeks. You're refusing to talk to me about it, so Miss Ida said she would send Daisha here. You need to talk about it." I look over at Daisha.

"Is that really why you came here? To talk to me?"

"From what Miss Ida passed on to me, it doesn't sound like they're just dreams, Aphro," she says solemnly. Almost like she doesn't want to. Maybe because now it's against my will. "I promised Miss Ida I would talk to you and help you out. I'm also doing it out of the goodness of my heart for my best friend." She reaches out and holds my hand. "No one wants to see you go through this, hon. Please, let me do my job?" she smiles gently at me. Her rich, mocha colored skin makes her gray eyes stand out as she stares at me, hopeful I will agree.

"All it will be is talking to her, Aph," Theo says in my ear.

"If you haven't noticed, talking about things isn't really how I deal with them."

"You're right. You don't deal with them at all and you let it progress," he kisses the side of my head. I sigh and exchange a glance with both of them. "Come on over here, Daisha. There's no reason we need to stay here the whole time." He shows her to the couch while I get myself and Dai a bottle of water from the fridge. Dai sits in one of the chairs and I join Theo on the couch.

"Thank you," she says as I hand her the water. She digs out a notepad, pen and her laptop from her bag and sets them out in front of her. "Are you ready?" she takes a deep breath.