Make and Model

We get into his publicist's driveway and I put the car in park, looking around. It's a huge, old Victorian style house. He takes off his seatbelt and I sit, not taking mine off. He looks at me like he's waiting for something.

"Aren't you going to come in?" he asks.

"Uh, well I hadn't really planned on it. This isn't really any of my business," I start to take off my seatbelt anyway.

"Well I have a story already planned out in my head and you kind of need to be there for it to be believable." I scowl at him.

"I thought you were just going to tell her that you were going to stop acting. You don't really need to explain why. Speaking of, what did you exactly tell your parents?" He shrugs.

"Just that I was going to stop acting and that I was going to run away with someone," he looks down and smiles a little. I slap his shoulder, thinking he is serious.

"Theo?! Are you serious you can't tell them that!" I look at him incredulously.

"Calm down, I'm only joking," he is laughing a little harder. I release a breath I didn't even know I was holding and he looks back at me, his deep brown eyes twinkling. "I told them that I found a job in the States as a professor in Philosophy and I wasn't going to pursue acting any longer."

"Oh, good choice. Put your Philosophy degree to use." He is about to ask me how I knew that, but I stop him. "I'm a fangirl, Theo. I've done extensive research on my favorite celebrities. So... pretty much just you." I hop out of the car and he does the same. I walk over to his side of my car and lean against the passenger side of my two door car. "So why do I need to come in with you? I assume you're going to tell her the same story so you don't get caught up in more than one lie."

"You're the dean who hired me at this university. I'm going to keep it simple by also saying I won't be revealing the name of the university, either. Do you have a different name you could use?" he asks raising an eyebrow.

"Wow, you put a lot of thought into this, I'm shocked," I smirk at him. "My usual fake name is Kate Spencer, I'm assuming that will do?"

"That will be lovely," he says in a sophisticated tone. I can see we will be putting on quite the act so I stand up straighter to fix my posture from slouching on the car. Lucky for me I'm not dressed like a complete slob today, I have black skinny jeans, black and tan strappy wedge heels with a dressier top. Not exactly 'dean' clothing, but it will have to do seeing as though I wasn't warned of this before hand. And Theo wasn't in a suit and tie either, but he at least looked like he was dressing for a professor's job.

"Oh, just a second." I open the passenger door and bend into my back seat to grab my extra makeup bag. I pull out a tube of mascara to retouch what I did this morning for makeup and some liquid eyeliner. I like doing the thick cat eye look, so I quickly stroke on some of the black ink. Next, I put those two things back and pull out some light bronzer and blush along with a retractable brush. I put that on, kind of sloppy, but it's not like anyone is going to care. I toss that back into the back seat and grab a tube of bright red lipstick from a different clutch bag. I smear it onto my lips and turn back to Theo, closing the door behind me. "Okay, ready," I say smiling.

"Now you really look like someone who is in charge of thousands of college kids," he says sarcastically. "It's weird seeing you with so much makeup on, to be honest. You won't be doing this everyday... will you? Because I don't know if I'm going to get used to this," he jokes.

"Well lucky for you I hardly ever put on this much, I don't have time to do a whole new face every morning." I take a deep breath. "Let's just get this over with so we can get back to Miss Ida and Samuel's. We can't risk being seen."