That's Enough of That

FAST FORWARD TWO WEEKS

My phone begins to vibrate on the bedside table that's next to me. I open my eyes and look at the digital clock. It's three in the morning. Who could possibly need to talk to me right now?   Theo is lying next to me, his arm wrapped around my side. I reach over to grab my phone and see it's Miss Ida calling. Theo begins to stir and plants a kiss and the back of my neck.

"Everything alright?" he asks, is voice growly and low in my ear.

"I don't know, it's Miss Ida." I tap on my phone to answer and put it up to my ear. "Is everything okay, Miss Ida?"

"Yes, Aphrodite. Everything is fine. I just... wanted to talk to you. I miss you here and-" I sit up in the bed and sit cross legged.

"Miss Ida, what time is it right now?" I ask, rubbing my eyes with my other hand.

"It's about nine at night. Sam is asleep and I've been thinking a lot and-" She pauses and I hear her gasp a little. "That means it's... three in the morning there. Oh Aphrodite, I'm sorry, I forgot about the time change." I smile and start to laugh a little bit. I look back and Theo who's almost fallen back to sleep already. I kiss him on the cheek lightly, letting him know nothing is wrong.

"It's quite alright, Miss Ida. I haven't been able to sleep much the past few days, anyway."

"Nightmares?" she asks me quietly. Theo turns onto his other side, sleeping soundly.

"Only sometimes," I whisper. I slowly get out of bed and wander out into the living room. I plop onto the couch and cover up with a blanket that's there. "Other times I just... can't. I'm never tired anymore, so I haven't been sleeping much at all at night. That's not important, though. You called me, so I'm all ears."

"It's just unusual not having you here everyday. I miss seeing you around the house, training all the time, having a good time with Samuel..." She stops there and we both don't say anything for a little while. I think about how we left on such bad terms with each other. I grab a pillow from the opposite end of the couch and place it on my legs.

"Is Sam is still upset about Theo and I?" Miss Ida sighs from the other end of the phone.

"I've tried talking to him, dear, but he just won't listen. He keeps telling me that if you and Theo don't separate, he may never forgive you. It's absolutely ridiculous. He ignores what I have to say about it and refuses to hear another opinion." I roll my eyes and play with the tassels on the pillow that's in my lap. "You and him are still okay, right? Nothing serious, good or bad, is happening?"

"Everything is great," I smile. Not that she can see it, but it makes me happy to think about it. "We're great." I think she expects me to continue, but I don't know what else to say about it.

"That's it? You're great? Oh Aphrodite, there's got to be some bit of detail you can give me."

"We just... I don't know. We really, genuinely care about each other. It's like we were a match that was made to fit. I really love him. More than I thought I ever would."

"Does that mean I can anticipate a few little grandchildren running around?" she laughs a bit to make it seem like a joke, but I know she's only a little bit joking.

"We haven't even thought about talking about that yet. We haven't been a couple for very long. Don't you think that should wait until I'm a little older?"

"You turn twenty one tomorrow, sweetie. You shouldn't wait until the last minute if you want children. And if Theo is already thirty..." My birthday is tomorrow...? I guess I really must have lost track of time. I don't really celebrate much anymore since my parents died, anyway.