Can You Zip it For Me?

We made our way to a small coffee shop just a little ways from the Eiffel Tower. It's almost dusk now and there are a lot more people out and about, mostly couples who are touring the city. Theo and I are sitting at a small table, both drinking a cup of tea, at his recommendation.

"So? How is the tea?" he asks cocking an eyebrow.

"Oh it's lovely!" I say in a British accent, just to mock him a little. He smiles and giggles.

"That was actually a good accent, although the mocking tone was horrid," he smirks. "Have you had to do a British accent before?" he takes another sip of tea.

"Once in high school for a play, but I didn't have an accent coach or whatever you call it. But I've been told I'm pretty good at doing accents. Not that I'm bragging, it's not really an interesting talent."

"Being an assassin makes up for your uninteresting talent," he jokes.

"Hey! Just because I think that it's unimportant doesn't mean you can make fun of it," I push his shoulder from across the table.

"What other ones can you do?" I shrug.

"Try me," I tease. He licks his lips and looks around a little thinking.

"Irish."

"I can talk in it easy! Pretty much without even thinking about it," I smile, feeling a little foolish. "Irish isn't my strong suit, British is probably my best. Or maybe Scottish. Mostly European accents, really. But, maybe because we're in public I won't do anymore. It's not exactly normal to just start talking in other accents."

"I'm really only good at an American English accent, for films obviously. Any other just sounds ridiculous coming from me."

"I'll take your word for it." I see someone walking our way, but keeping their head down. He is the only other person on this side of the street besides Theo and I and the other people sitting at tables. I keep my gaze on him and lean forward a little closer to Theo's face, leaning my elbows onto the table. "There is someone coming up behind you in a button down shirt and a fedora." I look more closely and see he his clutching an envelope in his hand.

"And?" he whispers. "Is that a problem?"

"Just act normal and keep talking to me. He's got something in his hand. He is also refusing to look at us." He starts walking a little bit faster, making me a little uneasy. " I don't know for sure if he's coming to us, but it's more likely than not."

"Is that what assassin work is like? Constantly watching everyone's every move and being suspicious of everything?"

"Pretty much. You'll learn to train your mind, it's not hard." He is only about ten feet from us now and his eyes finally meet mine. I let out a huge sigh of relief and feel my tense muscles relax. "Oh thank God, it's just you." I stand up and reach my arms out to get a hug.

"Hey there, sunshine! Long time no see? Although I've heard a lot about some changes in partnership?"

"Yep, this is Theo. Theo, this is Brice. He's an old friend."

"Nice to meet you," Brice says, holding out his hand. Theo shakes it wearily. "I've come to deliver this to you," he holds out the envelope, "I got it from Miss Ida, but I have previous engagements and I heard you were in town. I thought you two might want to go anyway." I take the piece of paper out of the already opened envelope and see it's an invitation to a party hosted byLionel.

"How ironic," I laugh.

"What?" Theo asks.

"Guess who's going to an elaborate party tonight?"