I'm No Snitch

"Aph," I hear Theo's voice and a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, you awake?"

"No, I'm still sleeping," my raspy, morning voice answers him. I open my eyes and see he's crouching down near the side of the bed so he's at eye level with me. He leans in closely and kisses me, even though I'm hardly awake. His warm lips soothe mine, and I kiss him back just as gently.

"Sam just called me and said there was a change of plans. We're going to spend the night at their place tonight and then fly out to Austria tomorrow morning. Our flight back to London is in an hour." I stretch my arms and legs and then sit up in bed and look at the time.

"How long have you been awake?" I ask, realizing its already 8:30.

"About twenty minutes." I rub my eyes and try to wake myself up a little bit.

"I'll get dressed and get my stuff together," he pushes himself up from the ground and kisses me on the top of the head. He walks back out into the living room, leaving me with my thoughts. My first instinct is to tell him that he can't do that, but I remember last night. It's going to take some adjusting on both our parts to get used to this. I've been telling him no for a month, and now all of the sudden it just... happened? I think about the kiss, and the kiss I reciprocated, and the dancing. Oh, the dancing. I have a feeling that is going to be our thing. We both love it and we're both pretty good at it. I'm not exactly sure when I started to have feelings for him, I know for him it was almost right off the bat. One day I didn't want it to progress, and the next I did. Maybe the night we danced at the party? I'm really surprised that he held off a whole month before surprising me with a kiss like that. I sit on the edge of the bed and think about what to put on. Maybe just the sweatshirt from last night? No, it's probably still soaking wet. I spot a different long sleeve shirt and a pair of comfy jeans that will work for a plane ride.

I gather my things that are left in the bedroom and toss them into my last bag. Mostly it's just pants and tops that I haven't washed since I wore them. Maybe we should just do laundry and Miss Ida and Sam's house... I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I finish stuffing everything in the bag, not worried about anything getting wrinkled. I toss it over my shoulder and see my stilettos thrown into a corner. I pick them up and saunter into the living room, Theo waiting for me on the couch.

"I think I've got everything," I say looking around one last time. He jumps up from the couch and turns the TV off. "Brice texted me a few minutes ago and he said he should be here any minute. Is the car unlocked?"

"Yeah, the trunk is pretty full but there should be room in the back seat." I like that he doesn't ask me if I need help. I'm sure he wants to, to be a gentleman, but he's being just as much of a gentleman by knowing that I can do it myself. I open up the car door and toss the last bag into the back seat and then put my shoes away in the trunk by my dress. I shut the door and slam down the trunk. I see Brice's car parked on the side of the road and he hops out, holding a travel coffee mug.

"Aphro! Hey there!" he shouts, running up the driveway to hug me. "How have you been? I feel like we haven't talked in so long!" He wraps his arms around me, squeezing tightly. "So what's new?"

"Well... really the only thing that's new is that Theo kissed me last night..." He gets really quiet and looks at me.

"...And...?"

"He said he loved me and I told him I felt the same-" He gasps and looks at me with his mouth open.

"No... WAY!" He let's out a squeal of excitement and hits my arm. "You and Theo?! Ugh, that is so amazing, I have to tell-"

"You're not going to tell anyone because we need to deep it on the down low for a while. This just happened last night. I mean, we've both liked each other for longer and we just never admitted it... But the point is you tell no one. I only told you this because I trust that you won't say anything."

"Girl, I won't say a word, I promise." He drapes his arm over my shoulder and we walk back in by Theo, Brice drinking his coffee as we go.

"Brice is here," I say to Theo as we walk in, Brice giggling like a school girl. "And he's really, really, happy for us," I laugh.

"Theo you are so lucky to have this girl over here. You have no idea," he says elbowing Theo on the side.

"I think I have a pretty good guess," Theo winks at me, making me blush.

"Okay, Brice. I hate to leave to soon, but we don't want to miss our flight. Thanks for staying here and reserving our spot. Theo and I really liked it. Here's the key," I had him a small house key on a ring and he takes it from my hand.

"Don't have too much fun," Brice says, looking back and forth between us. He puts his arms around me and hugs me, squeezing me tightly. I hold onto him, maybe a little too long, but it's not like he minds. He gives such good hugs, he knows it too. "Have as much fun as you want," he whispers, "I'm no snitch." I let go of him and smile. He has a ridiculous smile on his face.

"Inappropriate," I say aloud, shoving his arm a little. I feel Theo's arm come around my waist. Next I feel a kiss on the top of my head.

"Let me know when you get there. Just in case." I nod and start to make my way to the door. I hear Brice say something to Theo, but I can't make out what it his. They share a laugh and Theo pats his shoulder.

"Take care, man," Theo calls as he shuts the door behind him. He puts his arm at my ribs, pulling me close to him. I sort of fall into him, his hand holding me tight to his torso. Things are still a little bit awkward between us, I think I can feel it more than him. I'm not really sure what to do here... This is going to be my first serious relationship. And it's with a guy who has ten years more experience than I do. I don't know why I'm feeling so nervous, maybe it's just because it's all still so new. "You okay?"

"Yeah, never better," I look up to him and smile, seeing a grin on his own face. He kisses the side of my head and we get out to the car. I'm just about to walk to my side and I feel his hands around my waist. He picks me up and sets me down on the hood of the car. He leans in close and kisses me softly, my hand brushing his face. I don't want it to stop. He leans away and we're left looking at each other's beautiful eyes.

"If you think we rushed into this, Aph, we don't have to right now. I love you regardless." My hand rests on his cheek, my thumb tracing his lips.

"It's just going to take some getting used to," I whisper. I make my lips meet his one last time before we get into the car. "I know I want to be with you. It's just... new is all."

"You're sure?" I nod and my eyes shift from his eyes to his mouth.

"I'm sure," I say as he lifts me off the hood. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, I take it out as I walk to the passenger side of the car. *Aphrodite, you naughty girl, you. but like I said, i'm no snitch ;)* The message is from Brice and I laugh out loud a little. "Brice says that we were being naughty," I say to Theo as he hops into the driver's seat. He laughs a little too. "But he's not a snitch so we don't have to worry," I say giggling a little more.

"If he thinks that was bad then he should have watched us dance," he jokes, looking over at me. He looks behind his shoulder as he backs out of the driveway. We speed off down the road to the airport, reminiscing over that night.