Chapter 45 {Final Chapter}

*Please read the end notes after because there's very important news below*

-Spring Time-

Jason' POV

My eyes slowly opened as I felt someone caress my cheek.

"It's going to be okay." I recognize Madison's voice hum faintly in the background.

My eyes remained close, thinking back to what had happened back in that abandon cabin. I was shot in the leg by one of Daniel's partners. That's what happened. I still felt pain in my leg but not as much as what I felt in the cabin.

I opened my eyes and I saw Madison's face. My sight was blurry for a while but then it focused on her face.

"Jason! Jason you're awake." She cheerfully said, hugging me tightly.

She pulled back and I noticed her face was red and her eyes were puffy. She was crying.

"Are you okay babe?" I asked.

"I should be asking you that considering that you got shot in the leg.' She said.

"I'm fine. Where am i?!" I asked.

I looked around the room. I looked down to where I was laying down and realized that I'm in a hospital bed.

"How come they didn't recognize me?" I said before she even answered.

"Look in the mirror beside you."

I raised an eyebrow at her as she just stared at me. I looked at a mirror and saw that I had a blonde shaggy wig on my head. I couldn't help but laughed. I actually looked pretty good looking in that wig anyways.

"A wig babe? Really?" I chuckled

"It's better than no wig at all!'

I nodded and looked down at my leg.

"Did they remove the bullet in my leg?"

"Mhm. The doctors said that everything was fine but you might be in pain for a couple of days. Just take medicine or something." She sighed.

"Okay."

An awkward silence fell upon us which was weird because we never had these awkward moments before. Something didn't feel right about her. She wasn't herself at all.

I looked at her, trying to figure out what was wrong.

"Hey. I'm really sorry for what had happened to you back in the cabin. I'm such a total idi-"

"No Jason. It's fine." She cut me off.

"No it's not! I almost let you die in there! It's not okay!" I argued.

She sighed and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. She bit her lip and she looked like as if she was about to break down.

"Then what's wrong?" I asked, pulling her closer to me.

Closing her eyes the words came out of her mouth "I need a break Jason."

Her words caught me off guard. Those words stunned me for quiet some time. I wasn't expecting this at all.

"Babe. What?" I whispered I holding her hand tight. I was praying that I heard her wrong.

"I feel like, this is all too much for me. I just need a break for some time for myself. I've gone through a lot. I still love you Jason very much. But I just want a break for now. I hope you understand."

I felt like my heart was going to explode. Shattering into a million pieces. I thought about what she just said. Since she's my girlfriend, I need to give her what she wants and I need to stop being selfish. I can't control her.

"I'm sorry Jason." She said.

I felt a eyes water and tears started to run down my cheek and onto my bed.

She wiped my years away with her thumb and soon she started to cry too.

"I understand." I said quietly. "Where are you going to stay?"

"I'm going home. I'll just tell my parents that you never kidnapped me all along and I just ran away for no reason. Of course I'll get into a lot of shit but that's the way it has to be to protect us both."

"No just tell them that I kidnapped you. Turn me in. I don't want you to get in trouble because of me."

Even though that is the last thing I would do, it's better for her. They'll catch me, put me in jail for like 2 years or so, and release me.

"You wouldn't do that for me."

"Yes I would. I can't be selfish. I would do anything for you." I held her hand tightly, looking into her eyes.

"No. I don't want you to get in trouble because of my decision okay?"

I eyes trailed down to her lips. I wanted to feel her lips one last time. I didn't answer her question. Instead I pulled her closer to me. I cupped her face with my hands and pulled her in front of my face. So close that I could feel her minty breath on my lips.

I closed my eyes and just as we were about to kiss, she pulled back.

My eyes opened and saw that the nurse and police were in the room. Madison was pulled away from the police and had her hand cuffed.

"First time EVER, that we have caught the Jason McCann."

I looked at Madison as she was being pulled out of the room. She cried and sobbed, finally she spit out her last words.

"I will always love you Jason."

_________________________ 

Here's the ending of this book! I hope you guys enjoyed this book and thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate that this book received a high number of reads, votes and comments thanks to you guys <3

I know this ending was not the best but don't worry because the sequel is coming out in about a week!

I don't want to keep you guys waiting so I'm already working on the sequel BUT...I need ideas for the title!!!

So comment below title ideas for the next book and if so choose your title then I will dedicate the first chapter to you!

Comment, Vote and definitely fan for more details on the sequel!

Thank you so much and I couldn't thank you guys enough! a lot of you made my day with all these comments and votes and fans and just for reading :) I wouldn't be writing without you so I want to tell y'all that I LOVE YOU :D

Stay fab <3

Don't go anywhere because more is coming your way.

EDIT: I came up with a title and it's called UNBREAKABLE. The book is out now so save it to your libraries to get more updates PLUS I made a new trailer and it will be posted in the sequel :)

-Samantha