Chapter 13

"He won't survive long, you do know that right?" Katniss only spoke the truth.

"I think you're wrong." Peeta contradicted. "Alcide is pretty strong."

Katniss stared at Peeta, questioning his every move. "Come here."

Peeta walked up to Katniss. She pulled him in for a kiss but he turned his head making her kiss his cheek. She was disappointed and laid her head on his shoulder. "Why don't you ever want to kiss me anymore? After all, you were the one who was crazy in love with me."

"I'm sorry, but I'm not in the mood."

"But you never are in the mood. It's either that or you're with Gale. What's up with you two anyway? I thought you hated his guts and he hated yours."

Peeta cracked his knuckles. "It's not like that anymore. I feel like we are actually close now."

"That's good." Katniss paused. "What do you guys even talk about?"

"Hunting. He sometimes teaches me combat moves and when he does," Peeta smiled, "he is the most amazing teacher."

 Katniss left the room and Peeta was stuck in his fantasies. He knew that he wanted to be with Gale and not with Katniss. Feeling Gale inside of him didn't compare at all as to at least kissing Katniss, since she hasn't really put out for Peeta. Gale always wanted to fuck, that was just a plus. Peeta had fucked Gale what felt like a million times. Every time was better and felt so euphoric. He needed to set things right. 

 Peeta exited the empty room and scurried to the forest. He passed with his head down hoping no one would notice him. 

Thinking he was alone Peeta yelled into the trees of the forest. "What the fuck! What's wrong with me?" He screamed even louder. "Someone help me!"

"I bet I can help." Alcide startled Peeta. "Sorry for scaring you."

"No need to apologize, Alcide. I just thought that I was alone."

Alcide glared at Peeta, but Alcide's eyes were full of compassion. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Peeta felt like opening up but he just couldn't so easily. "I don't want to bother you with my stupid love issues." 

"Is this about Katniss? Or about Gale?"

Peeta hesitated. "How do you know about Gale?"

"I didn't." Alcide teased. "Until now. Don't worry I can keep my mouth shut." 

"I don't know what to do anymore. I just need to clear my mind. I really want to be with Gale, but Katniss is the one for me according to everyone else." Peeta held his tears back.

"Then screw what this fucked up society tells you to do. You fucking sacrificed your life in The Games! You can do anything!" Alcide started showing sympathy ever since he saw how lucky he was to live in the Capitol.

"I'm afraid. I haven't admitted it to anyone, but I am. Ever since the Reaping. I can't even sleep unless Gale is by my side." Peeta was on the edge of tears. 

Alcide held Peeta in a warm hug. "It's all going to be good. You're a good guy. You did save me." Alcide has never shown so much affection. He finally understood why everyone called him Lover Boy. Peeta's skin was warm and his hug was tight. "You feel better?" 

"Yeah." Peeta smiled. "Thank you, Alcide. I'm sorry you had to witness that."

"Don't apologize." Alcide was now smiling, too. "It was my pleasure." He smirked seductively.

"We'd better go back." Peeta warned. 

"Oh... Yeah. I've been out here for a while now and Gale must be worried."

Peeta grew jealous. "Yeah, I'd better come with. I haven't seen him since yesterday."