Chapter 8

It has been over two weeks since the first encounter in the forest and Gale's relationship with Peeta was getting more complicated. They fucked about every six hours and people were getting suspicious. They knew they had to do something so they both decided to get Gale a girlfriend. 

The woman Gale was with was the innocent mayor's daughter. "You look lovely, Madge."

 "Thanks," she smiled like an idiot, she was with the hottest man in District 12. 

"Uh, Katniss do your braid?"

"Oh, haha. Yeah, its kind of her signature thing, other than the mockingjay. Why? Do you like it?"

"It's lovely. Between us, it looks better on you than Katniss."

Madge blushed and smiled and gawked. She has never received a compliment so special from someone who wasn't related. The ideal date in District 12 was probably the little restaurant in The Hobb, Gale couldn't take her to the woods! Peeta also gave Gale some money so he can afford it, the perks of fucking the dough boy.

Being a gentleman to ladies, Gale pulled out the old chair from the table and seated Madge. They both ordered a squirrel.

"I caught that you know."

"You probably did, Gale." She winked at him. "Who taught you anyway?"

"My dad taught me the basics but after he died, I kind of just taught myself. I really wasn't interested in all of that, but I felt pushed to be a man. I never really got to have fun, you know?"

"I understand, but I feel like if you didn't man up then you would just be all screwy."

Gale was offended. "What do you mean?"

"Well, if it wasn't for all your activities, then you wouldn't be this muscular." Madge rubbed his muscles.

Gale jumped back. "Are you seriously just into me for my looks?"

"No!"

Gale didn't believe that. "Name a trait you like of me."

"Well..."

"Well what? You don't know anything about me!" Gale left coins on the table and rushed out. Madge left more coins for a tip and followed Gale. 

"I didn't mean to offend you! I seriously like you!" She dove in and kissed Gale. Gale was shocked. He didn't feel what he felt with Peeta. 

"No, I don't like you. Madge, I'm sorry. But Peeta gets me."

"Peeta?"

"Yeah. He just likes me and I love him." 

Madge stood there stupefied. "I didn't realize you two were that way. I mean, Peeta, it's kind of obvious, but you, you look too tough."

Gale didn't say a word and thought to himself if only she knew. Gale may be tough on the outside but his heart was pure and tender. Instead he walked to the forest and left Madge by herself. He couldn't believe he was crying.