Chapter 11

Secret Agent Alcide hopped off the train in District 11, all he had to do was find his own way to District 12. The despicable President Snow had given him a map and a mission: he had to live amongst the victors of District 12 with the sob story that he escaped the horrid war in District 11. Alcide was actually from the Capitol, but he couldn't give that away. He had to spy on Peeta, Snow said he had been doing illegal activity. Alcide wasn't informed exactly what he was doing but his job had to be done.

After about four days traveling, Alcide found his way to The Seam. He was still sickened at the sight of poverty. He passed several broken down houses and recognized one from when Katniss was interviewed, it was now empty and soulless. 

Alcide's pupil dilated at the sight of Gale, that man was toned and hot. Katniss had the hottest cousin, he thought. Gale was carrying a little boy over his shoulder and laughing, an unusual sight without Peeta by his side.

Gale took a look in Alcide's way and looked completely surprised, he had never seen this man before. Gale noticed the man's buff arms and raging bulge. He also pointed out the man's cheeks, they didn't look like those of a hungered body but a healthy one. The man's clothes on the other hand screamed poverty. 

Alcide now made his way to what seemed like a black market. More and more hungered people traveled around and his stomach was suddenly full, he had been ungrateful for his life in the Capitol. He shifted through the little shops and eventually bought a cheap soup from an older lady. He sat down at an old table and forced the soup down, he will miss the amazing food in the Capitol. 

Alcide then left the shops, which he learned was the infamous Hobb. He saw a bakery and instantly knew it was the Mellark's. He entered and his heart dropped. He had found it, the bakery of his dreams. He ordered two small bread rolls. 

"That is going to cost you five coins." An older man announced.

Alcide paid and asked, "Hey, do you know where I can find Peeta?"

A woman showed up by the counter side, "You a friend?"

"Uh, yeah. I haven't really seen him since the games and I thought  I should give him a visit." Alcide had hoped his lie was believable.

"He's usually with that wonderful boy, Gale." Mrs. Mellark paused. "Or with Katniss, or with the poor girl. But I guess you can go see him at our house. Do you know where its at?"

"Victor's Village?"

"Uh huh, sweetie. Third house" 

Alcide rushed to Victor's Village and felt as if he was home, finally the sight of poverty was gone. He went over what he was going to say to Peeta. Alcide tried his hardest to not sound suspicious. 

He walked up to what he believed was the Mellark's house and knocked. His mouth dropped at the beautiful hunk's sight. Alcide's cheeks were now blushing and his head was spinning.

Peeta greeted him warmly, as always. "How can I be of help?" 

"Hi, I'm Alcide. I come from District 11, but I escaped. I need your help, I have no where to live and I am trusting you. My family was killed in front of me by peacekeepers. I'm sorry if that was too upfront but I thought you would understand."

Peeta's face expression was blank and his eyes were staring directly into Alcide's. "I'm sorry. No, that wasn't too upfront and I want to help but I can't let you live here."

"Oh..."

"But! My old house is empty. I'm sure the neighbors won't mind. The only thing is that you are going to have to work for your own food."

"Oh, thank you! Thank you! Food is going to be no problem for you! I promise!"

Peeta's heart felt warm as if he was doing a good deed. "I have a," he stuttered, "friend. He can teach you how to hunt. His name is Gale." 

"Gale?"

"Yes, he is the smartest guy I know," Peeta smiled. "But, sometimes he can get angry so don't do anything stupid." 

Alcide nodded and dove in for a hug and felt Peeta's hard prick poke him, but he acted as he felt nothing. Peeta was embarrassed. 

-------------------------

Author's note: Hey guys! I wanted to know what you guys think! Vote! Share! Love!