Chapter 4

"Hold on! Gale! Don't leave!" 

"Peeta, just come on hurry! You better put your pants on faster! I don't know if Katniss is coming"

"She isn't, don't worry she's with Madge." An awkward silence passed over them. "We going to talk about this?"

"Peeta, there is nothing to talk about."

"Gale, you can't deny that what just happened meant something to you! You were rock hard!"

"I am not gay, if that's what you are trying to say. It's just come on, I am 18 and a virgin, well was." Gale smirked. 

"I know you felt something, I saw that twinkle in your eye."

"That was a twinkle of ecstasy! Not love! Look, Peeta, we are never going to happen, sorry."

"If that's the way you want to do it, fine. Let's just get back to town." 

The rest of the walk was silent and Gale had the biggest smirk on his face, but Peeta was hurt. Peeta wanted something more than a one-time thing, he wanted to be with him over and over again. Obviously, the feelings Gale felt weren't strong, or maybe he was hiding them. It was possible, a big and strong man like Gale shouldn't be seen as gay. People looked up to him. 

"Hey, look at Katniss. What is she doing?" Gale broke out in laughter.

"Ease off, Gale. She looks beautiful. I can't believe that am going to be with her the rest of my life. What a catch." The way that Peeta said "I" punched Gale in his perfect, rock-hard stomach. But of course, Gale looked at him, questioning what Peeta actually wanted. 

"Whatever, I am going to go. You coming?" Gale shoved Peeta. 

"Gale, I thought you didn't want to be with me?"

"Jeez, Peeta! Just because I am inviting you doesn't mean I want to do that again." 

"Oh, right. Fine, let's go. Madge is making me actually kind of jealous."