Chapter 23: Out Of Control Werewolves

Start from the beginning

"Cora Hale?" I ask into the phone. "What is she doing back from South America?"

"You knew where she was?" Chris asks.

"I kept tabs on her." I say, jumping over another branch. "Meet you at the school." I hang up the phone and keep running until I see Isaac. He runs beside me, with an emitter in his hand. He sticks it in the ground and pushes me down. I growl at the interference and keep running in the direction of the school. 

I run across the football field and over the fence. I hear the wolves climb over the fence as I keep running. I see a figure standing in front of the school and I don't slow down fast enough. I bounce off his back, using the speed and run straight into the school, thinking that they were following me. I run through the open doors and straight into Derek Hale. I run past him and stop, waiting for the wolves. 

Cora and Boyd run up to the door and stop. They then jump up and onto the school. I sigh and let myself sit down. Derek runs out to talk to the others as I start to feel my adrenaline wearing away. I start to feel pain on my abdomen and gently touch my stomach. I whimper as pain shoots up my body. 

Derek runs back inside and stops next to me. "What happened?" He asks, seeing the blood on my hands from my wound. He sounds so genuinely worried that it surprises me.

I try to stand but fall into him. He catches me and yells for Chris. I see Chris run in as I hear doors slam shut. Chris rushes me to a separate hallway as the wolves run in. He lets me down and runs back to help the others. 

He finally comes back as I start to get up. "I don't think that's a good idea." He says, pushing me down. "What happened?"

"I need to get to Scott." I say, trying to stand again.

"What happened?" Chris asks forcefully, pushing me down. I look into his eyes and sigh.

"I don't know..." I whisper.

"What?"

"I don't know." I say a little louder.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I was fine when I was helping the kids and I was fine when I was tracking them. They didn't get a hit on me, but I... Crap." I say, hitting my head against the wall as I realize what happened.

"What?"

"My stitches. The running and movement shifted them and they probably fell out." I say. 

"We need to get you to a hospital." Chris says.

"No! We need to help Scott." I insist, trying to stand. 

"Scott will be fine. You need to get help." Chris says.

"No, no, no!" I say to myself, trying to stand.

"Scott is fine." Chris keeps saying, but I feel panic boiling up inside me.

"I'll be there, don't worry." A new voice says. I turn to see Isaac looking at us. "I'll make sure Scott and Derek are ok. You go get help." Chris nods as he helps me up. I struggle to get away, to get to my brother but I am too weak. Chris pulls me outside to his car and puts me in. He then starts to drive to his apartment. 

We discreetly walk up to the room and Chris walks me to the office. He sits me on the desk and I take my knife out to cut the suit. I mentally say, 'Screw it' and take off the entire thing. I really like the suit. Chris comes back with stuff to stitch me up. 

He takes his time, making sure he wound is clean and stitched up well. He then gives me Allison's shirt and tells me I can stay the night. "Thank you." I say.