Christmas Special

Start from the beginning

V: I always look amazing. What's taking you guys so long? I want to see you.

M: Ha ha. Don't make me laugh too much. And I'm waiting on Izzy.

V: That hurts. And tell her to hurry up. I need to see my girlfriend. <3

M: I can't exactly do that, but I think she's finishing up. Your girlfriend should be down in a few.

V: Love you <3

M: Love you too <3

I put my phone down just as Izzy walked out of the bathroom.

"What do you think? Is it too much?"

"Izzy, you look amazing. Simon isn't going to know what hit him."

"Thanks, Mia. Same for Vincent."

I smiled at her and put my phone in the pocket of my dress before standing up and walking over to the door.

"Are we ready to go blow some minds?"

"Of course. Lead the way."

I opened the door and walked out into the hallway, Izzy following right behind me. She closed the door and we walked down the hallway towards the library where Izzy had set everything up. I could hear the music blasting from down the hall and I couldn't help but smile at the Christmas songs. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday and I absolutely loved Christmas music.

When we walked in, Izzy walked to the railing of the balcony to look out over the party that was in full swing. I saw Simon look up and smile before tapping Vincent on the shoulder and motioning towards where we were standing. He looked up and smiled at me before walking towards the stairs with Simon.

"Hey beautiful," Vincent said to me when he got up the stairs.

"Hey handsome," I replied, giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

"You look absolutely stunning. I should let Izzy dress you up more often."

"No. No you should not. If you value your life, you will not do that."

Vincent laughed and then held out his hand. I took it and we started to walk down the stairs. I said "hi" to anyone that we passed until Vincent stopped and turned towards me.

"May I have this dance?" he asked me as a slow song started to play.

"Of course you may."

We both smiled and he pulled me closer to him. We started swaying to the music and I put my head on his chest as he rested his on the top of mine.

**time skip**

We were all dancing to some crazy rap song that Izzy manage to work into the Christmas music. I was currently dancing with Clary and Izzy when I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I turned around with a big smile on my face and saw that Vincent was standing there.

"Can I talk to you? In private?"

This can only go one of two ways, I thought to myself as I nodded my head and followed him up the stairs and out of the room. We walked down the hallway and I started to recognize where he was taking me. When we stopped, I saw that my guess was right: the greenhouse. We walked in and I followed Vincent as he walked directly to the spiral stairs in the middle. He ushered for me to go up first and I have to admit that I was a little nervous.

"Do you remember what happened here?" Vincent asked me when we were both at the top.

"Of course. I could never forget. This is where we had our first kiss."

"Yeah..."

I turned around to look at him and saw him down on one knee. I gasped and put a hand to my mouth.

"It's not what I think you're thinking about. It's a promise ring. I want to give it to you to show that we will be together for a long time. I love you and I will love you forever. And, when we are ready, I will propose to you. Until then, will you accept this promise ring?"

Unable to speak, I nodded my head and a large smile spread across my face. He smiled back up at me and put the ring onto my finger. He stood up and I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him really tightly. He hugged me back and pulled away only enough to kiss me.

"There is one more thing that I want to give to you."

"Vince, you didn't have to do that. This ring looks so expensive."

"Anything for you, my darling. Besides, Izzy helped me pick out and pay for it, so it's kind of a gift from both of us."

Vincent pulled out another box and handed it to me. I opened it and saw the most beautiful necklace. It had a gold chain with an aquamarine jewel.

"That's amazing. Thank you so much. Can you put it on for me?"

He nodded his head and I turned around. He hooked the necklace into place on my neck and left his hands on my shoulders. We looked out over the greenhouse and watched as the flowers bloomed and the clock stroke midnight.

"I think I'll definitely remember this night for as long as I live," I said, turning around to look at Vincent.

"Me too."

We shared one last kiss before walking down the stairs and back to the library. Izzy ran over to me when she saw me and asked to see the ring. I looked over at Vincent and saw him just shrug his shoulders. I smiled and turned back to see the girls all walking towards me. They all congratulated me and the party resumed as Vincent and I danced together for the rest of it.

"I love you, you know that, right?"

I looked into his eyes and smiled. "And I love you, too. Forever and always."
***********************************
Hey guys. I hoped that you liked this Christmas special. It has nothing to do with anything that has happened or is going to happen in this story, but I really wanted to write something about Christmas and something really cute for Via. I actually had so much fun writing this chapter and I hope that all of you enjoyed reading it. Love you guys and I hope that you have an awesome Christmas and New Year.
- blackwolves16 (aka Megan)