thirty

Cameron

(the next day - friday)

It was eight o'clock on the dot. The Jacks wouldn't stop texting and calling my phone so I shut it off. I honestly didn't want to go to the party. I didn't want to see Nash. I didn't want to stay up all night with crazed teenagers. And mostly I didn't want to act like it was okay. If I saw him there I would have to hide my feeling. My tears of sadness would turn into a fake smile of happiness. And I'm sick and tired of it.

But I guess being sick and tired wasn't enough because it didn't stop me from getting in my car and driving to the stupid movie night. Just the though of him being in the same space as me had my car going 15 mph over the speed limit.

Once I arrived I parked on a side street. The small parking lot was packed. You could smell the buttery popcorn from a mile away. It was truly just a movie party. In the back of my mind I thought a movie was going to be playing and couples would be making out or hooking up in the back room.

As I entered the café a little bell went off. Most people were to deep into conversation they didn't see me come in, but those that did yelled a greeting of, "Hi Cam," or, "Sup Dude." And it was funny because I didn't know half of them. I just nodded my head in acknowledgement and went to search for the Jacks and Aaron.

It was harder than I thought. The café wasn't really a café anymore. All the chairs and tables were stacked and put away. Sleeping bags and pillows were in their place. Where the counter would usually be placed a projector screen was hanged in front of it. And lastly the projector was hanging from the ceiling.

Someone slapped their large hand on my shoulder, "Told you Cam, knew you would come," Gilinsky boomed. The cocky bastard.

"Yeah I did. Now why is everyone in their pajamas?"

"It's a movie party you doofus, you're lucky I brought an extra pair. They're in my bag, go fine my boyfriend and he'll give them to you. I have to get something out of my car," he said running towards the main exit.

Now to find Jack's blonde headed lover. As I searched the crowd I met eyes with a person I though I would never in a million years.

Gilinsky

I headed out of the small door and walked my way to the back of the building to meet my buddy Shawn. We weren't the best of friends to be honest. He gave me guitar lessons once a week. I'm only doing that so when I give Johnson a promise ring at graduation- in front of the whole school- I can play him a little song too. Romantic, I know!

Shawn was leaned up against the brick building. I whistled to get his attention. "Sorry it took so long for me to meet you. Cameron just arrived and I ran into him on my way out."

Shawn smiled and nodded understandingly, "You're good, bro. Nash is still probably popping popcorn with Aliyah."

I smiled, everything was going to plan. Nash and Cameron are both distracted. They can't see each other until the movie starts. When the the doors lock and the lights shut off. Then we will drag them to the back room lock them in there together so they can work out whatever it is that they have going on. But I have a feeling the plan isn't going to go that perfect.

"So um, how are we going to get them in the room together?" I asked. I know I said we would drag them but that would be hard physically and they would become to suspicious.

"We can make up a bullshit excuse like, people need napkins and ask them if they can get them in the back or something like that," Shawn said.

"That's cool. I'll lock the door behind them."