twelve

C A M E R O N D A L L A S

Once Nash and I get in the car I blast the music. I don't feel like talking to him.

The phone call I just had with Gilinsky really put me in a sour mood.

He was talking all this bullshit about how my reputation will be damaged if I pursue any kind of relationship with Nash. Starting with coach kicking me off the basketball team.

Supposedly Jack was at coach's house - he's friends with coach's son Erik - when the almost shooting came on the news. Jack said he was going ballistic about how his captain (me) was involved in something like that. He also said if I kept hanging around with those people ( Taylor and Nash). He would kick me off the basketball team. Coach thinks the captain should set a better example. And me almost getting shot is not being a good captain.

Honestly I don't give a flying fuck what coach says. I would easily quit the basketball team for Nash. But I can't. I'm a senior and I'm graduating this year. So college is the next step. And I have a scholarship for basketball. So if I quit the team, I quit the scholarship.

See my problem?

Once we get to the park I tell Nash I'll see him at school.

"Bye I guess" he mumbles. Getting out of my car.

I don't say anything. I know I seem rude but acting towards him this way is going to help me detached from him.

The faster I do that, the better.

-----

As I parked in the school parking lot, I see Erik Lakers (the coach's son) running towards me.

After he catches his breathe he starts to talk. "my da- Coach Lakers needs to talk with you."

"You need to work on your stamina, anyways where is the old man" I grumble.

"In his office" Erik rolls his eyes. "Who pissed in your Cheerios?"

"Your father" I yell as I jog away.

Lakers's office was small. There is literally a desk, a chair, a filling cabinet, a first aid kit, and a mini fridge.

"Dallas take a seat" he commanded. "As you know the accident involving you, Taylor Caniff, Nash Grier and a gun was on the news. As the basketball captain you know better than to get involved with that kind of stuff. It is part of the job to set a good example. So I advise yo-"

"I know I know I know. Stay away from trouble including Nash and Taylor. If I don't you will kick me off the team, this has already been explained to me. May I leave"

"Stop with the disrespect young man. But if you know your rules you may leave, also your on probation."

"Pro-probation! I didn't do anything wrong! Coa-

"Yes probation! Now get out of my office, before I bench you."

I slam the door on my way out.

Lakers just put me on probation. WOW. I didn't even fucking do anything.

It wasn't my fault Taylor was obsessed with me.

It wasn't my fault that Taylor had a gun.

It wasn't my fault Nash could gotten shot.

But no, I'm on fucking probation!

N A S H G R I E R

It is after school and I am looking for Cameron. I'm kinda living with him until Monday so I need to know what's going on with him.

I don't want to be in his house if he's not there. That just seems weird. It also will be awkward if his mom is there with me, without him.

I shut my locker and head outside. Usually him and his friends are mingling after school out there.

I spot him by Jack Gilinsky's car. Surprisingly JJ is over there too. Maybe he did bend that pole.

Once they notice me they smile. Well not all of them do. Gilinsky glares at me while Cameron looks at me blankly.

I had a feeling Cameron was mad at me since this morning.

"H-Hi" I whisper.

All their eyebrows shoot up. Cameron probably didn't tell them I talk now. Great. I'm so prepared for the all these questions coming my way. Ugh.

"OMGOD OMGOD Nash you're taking, why didn't you tell me you jerk" JJ screeches. Johnson went to talk on until Jack elbowed him in his side and whispered something in his ear.

JJ's face went from a happy smile to a blank one. What?

"Nash we need to talk, let's go to your car" Cameron said. He doesn't even meet my eyes. What's going on, I'm so confused?

Once we are at my car Cam starts to talk." Nash there is something I need to tell you." I nod my head to signal that I'm listening. "I'm sorry but we can't be friends or whatever we are, anymore." He turns to walk way but I stop him.

"W-What"

"You heard me!! Leave me alone, don't ever talk to me again!!" Cameron yells.

I feel my heart breaking for the second time. All because of this stupid boy.

Before I'm embarrassed anymore I hop in my car and start my journey home.

-----

Once I'm at my house I sprint to my room, my safe place.

I don't want to cry. I've cried so much these pay 2 days. I'm so fucking emotional and I hate that about myself. I need to learn how to suck it up and not be such a baby. Some times I wish I could turn my emotions off and on. Life would be so much easier. But the truth is I can't. So I let the tears slip out of my eyes.

I cry for hours and hours. Over a stupid boy who probably never even cared.

Right when my crying comes to a end my rings.

I don't even check caller ID as I answer the phone.

"Hello."

"Nash OMG you ans- Nash are you okay you sound like you've been crying?" the voice says.

"M-Matt"

Author's Notes💞:

Cliffhanger🙅 sorry😅

I hope this chapter cleared up the confusion.😊

🎊🎉YALL ARE SUCH BABES FOR GIVING ME OVER 1K READS🎊🎉 thank you mmmmwwaahh💕💕💕