twenty-four

T A Y L O R C A N I F F

I was sitting across from Matt in a diner in the middle of nowhere. We decided to meet here because he didn't want anyone finding out that he was 'alive.'

Honestly I was excited to be meeting with Matt, the faster we break them up the faster I get Cammy.

"So what's the plan, Taylor?" He asked popping a fry in his mouth. He said they were nasty, but they were fries your going to eat then either way.

I shrugged, sipping on my milkshake. "That's what we're here to discuss, Matthew." Sometimes I regretted asking him to help me, he could be a air head.

"Well we obviously need to break them up. But not to badly, they need to be in one peace by the time we get them." He explained.

"How about we black mail them." I said.

"No, they'll know it was us. How about fake cheating evidence."

"To simple."

You know that odd moment when you and your friend get the same idea at the same time? Like a 'click' moment, well at that moment that was what me and Matt had.

"Make them hate each other."

N A S H G R I E R

The family brunch was cancelled.

My parents couldn't keep the 'happy' act up for one more afternoon. They've been trying to get along for years now. Keeping strong for the kids, even though we knew they were struggling.

I always try to ignore their yelling and escape to my safe place. But it's different when your dad just snaps in front of your little sister. Throwing a glass near her head, aiming for my mother but missing.

"Skylynn," I hear Hayes yell. It all happened in slow motion. Will's fist connecting with my fathers jaw.

I quickly grabbed my younger siblings taking them to my room. Sky was sobbing at this point while Hayes's breath was unraveling until he came to tears. (A/n: Hayes is in 7th grade)

I hugged them as tight as I could. My younger siblings and I weren't that close, me becoming mute and isolating myself from the world shunned us from doing so.

We were family just not friends.

About an hour later there was a heavy knock on the door. Haye looked at me worriedly, Sky was sleep so she didn't hear.

"Hayes, it's fine. Go lay down with your sister, I'll be right back." He gave me the your-not-the-boss-of-me look, but in this case he had no option. Once he was under the covers, I slowly went to the door and opened it.

Will was standing there, a bag in hand with a bloody lip.

"I'm done with this visit Nash. The constant fighting. Acting like they don't have problems when they do. The lies, the whispering." He complained. "I have to go Nash, I really don't want to leave you. It kills me, it really does. But I can't take it."

I could see in his eyes that being here was killing him. Will was probably the closest to our parents. Seeing them fight was hurting him. But I couldn't  let him leave Skylynn and Hayes. They didn't deserve to be in this household.

"I understand, but please take Sky and Hayes, you can leave me but please take them. Please!"

"Na-"

"Will I'm beginning you!"

"Okay, get them packed." I sighed in relief, it was going to be okay for them.

I was heading into Sky's room to pack her clothes before Will tugged at my arm. "Nash I don't know when I'll be back."

"It's okay, I'll be fine." I smiled weakly before I went to get my siblings clothes.

I made sure I packed enough clothes to last a couple of weeks. I knew they wouldn't be gone for that long, my mom will be calling Will for her kids back soon enough. Also I pack necessities like phone chargers and tooth brushes. Sky has stinky morning breath and Hayes can't live without his phone.

Going back into my room I saw that Sky was now up and putting her shoes on while Hayes was quietly playing with my phone. He knew was supposed to be touching it, but I'll let it slide, just this once. All my important apps had locks on them so it was fine.

"Okay, I have everything. I think we're good to go" I announced, setting the bags my door.

Will picked up Sky and nodded for Hayes to get going. "Alright little bro, we will see you when we see you. Love you," Will tried to smile. It was hard to be happy on these kind of nights.

"Ok love you guys too." I gave Hayes a hug and Sky a kiss on the forehead.

We were acting like we wouldn't see each other again for ages, but that's how it felt.

Once I heard the front door slam I bursted into tears. I don't know why but I sobbed.

This weekend was almost perfect. I went out on my first date with my boyfriend, we lowkey said we loved each other. And he was supposed to meet my parents today. But it was ruined.

But I knew my crying was more than that. It was everything that happened over these couple of months. Me almost getting shot, seeing my bestfriend after thinking he was in a grave, and talking, one of my biggest fears.

It was all happening so fast, and life wasn't give me enough me time to process it.

I could barely breathe my tears were coming in like a storm.

My shaking hands grabbed my phone, I needed to talk to someone, so I dialed the first person who popped in my head.

I answered the phone with heavy breath, panicking the boy on the other end.

"Hello, hello Nash!! Are you okay?!"

"N-no"

"Tell me what's wrong baby, what's wrong?"

"M-Matt come g-get me."

Author Notes💞:

First off I just want to apologize for the lack of effort in the last couple of chapters and even other parts of the book. The last couple of weeks I had lost the interest in this idea. Don't worry it was just a stump. I'm excited to continue it and it would become better I promise. 💕🔙

Anywhore, this chapter was something....

OH!! This is supper random but, What background and font do you guys read on?

I'm usually on black and b.

ily lovelies💕