ten

C A M E R O N D A L L A S

It was after dinner and Nash and I were watching a movie. My mom made some pasta I don't know the name of. I ate it though.

It was getting late so I thought it was time for bed. I would stay up until 3 am, but I don't know if Nash does/will.

"Nash it's getting late do you wanna go to bed? We have school in the morning," I ask. He nods his head yes. I got to my closet and took out some extra blankets to make a bed on the floor.

"Oh Cameron I'll sleep on the floor. You can have your bed to yourself; it's yours after all," Nash offers.

"No no! You're the guest I want you to feel comfortable. I'll have the floor, you'll have the bed. No ands, ifs, or buts."

Nash groans and I smile in victory. Yes I wanted to sleep in the bed with him, but I think it's to big of a step. We haven't even gone on a date yet!

I through Nash some pajamas. While I went in the hall bathroom to change into mine.

When I got back he was under the covers snuggled into my pillows. I went to my spot on the floor and got into my sleeping bag.

"Goodnight Nash!" I yawned.

"Night Cam."

--

I was awoken by a quiet scream and loud breathing. I looked over to my bed and saw Nash sitting up with his hands over his heart. That put me in panic mode and I rushed over to him hugging him really tight.

Tears start spilling out of his eyes. "Babe what happened?"

"I haven't had one in a while but I had a nightmare," he answers wearily.

"What was it about?" I asked getting us under the blankets so we could cuddle.

"The night I went mute."

It was silent for a while. I don't know if he wanted to talk about it or not. I didn't want to push it, but I really want to know.

Nash broke the silence first. "Do you want me to tell you about it?"

"Only if you're comfortable."

Nash took a deep breath and started explaining

"It was around this time freshman year. I don't think you moved here yet but there was a really big party. All the popular seniors decided that the party was going to be held at the Fremont Bridge. I don't know if you've been there before but it's abandoned. Anyways, knowing my parent they wouldn't of let me go so I said I was going to spend the night at my bestfriend Matthew's house. Me and Matt have been friends since 4th grade so we were inseparable at the time. Once it hit 9 o'clock, we snuck out of Matt's house and had his older sister give us a ride to the bridge.

Once we got there Matt and I had a couple of beers. It was our first time drinking too. I know we were young but all the other freshmans were doing it too so it didn't seem like a big deal at the time.

Around 11 o'clock people start stripping their clothes and jumping in the river. The bridge was 55 feet off the ground and the water was deep but I don't know how deep to be exact.

Matthew and I decide to stay dry and just watch. Maybe 15 minutes later Matt told me he had something very important to tell me.

So we were standing in the middle of the bridge when Matt grabbed my hands.

Usually we didn't hold hands but he said it was something important so I let it slide.

All of a sudden Matt blurted I love you. I though he meant 'bro I love you. Your such a good friend' but he meant that he was in love with me.

Then I realized that, I started calling him all theses names like fag. I ended up getting really angry and I started to get in Matt's face, and started pushing him. Buy he just wasn't fighting back which made me angrier.

I didn't notice how close we were to the edge so I pushed Matt really hard. He didn't fall but he stumbled back and eventually he fell off the bridge. Once I realized what I done I ran to the edge just like all the other people, to see if he was going to come up. After a good 30 seconds he didn't. He was drunk which probably didn't help either. One of the sober seniors jumped in and saved Matt.

When he was took out the water, he wasn't breathing. Some one called 9-1-1.

The police and the ambulance arrived shortly after. Instead of seeing if Matthew was okay I ran to the nearest public place. I think it was a 24-hour Subway. I can't really remember. Anyways I called my dad and explained the whole thing.

At first he was pissed, but then he was worried I could go to jail. He came and got me and told me never to speak about that night again. So I decided that I would not only not talk about that night, I wouldn't talk at all.

The next day the Espinosa family contacted me and told me my best friend had died. I was broken. And it hurt even more when they declared the funeral was going to be family only. I don't even know where his grave is."

Author's Notes💞:

Yeah so that what happened that night and that's why Nash stop talking. I had to use the nightmare thing and I know I know all fannfics have them. But that's the only way I could think of explaining it
please comment vote & follow me!