twenty-six

C A M E R O N D A L L A S

Love is a cruel game. It will cut every inch of your skin until you're bathing in your own blood, but at the end of the day you'll still come back to it. And that's what makes people in love so dangerous. Because no matter how bad Nash hurts me, I will come back to him. Maybe not that exact moment but I'll always come back.

{ 20 minutes earlier }

Hanging out with friends on a Monday afternoon is probably what makes Monday's better. I was sitting in the middle of Jack and Aaron. We were currently watching the most recent episode of The Voice. Adam shaved his head and now he looks like a potato from the Proud Family Movie.

During one of the commercials my tv just randomly turned off. "What the fuck. That was so random."

Gilinsky just shrugged, getting up to turn it back on. "My tv does this, you just got to turn it back on." And when the screen popped back on, the image broke my heart.

"Cam-"

"No no Aaron, let me watch."

Matt and Nash were having sex.

You would think I would collapse to floor crying about how stupid I am for loving him. But I didn't. I closed my eyes and took 3 deep breaths.

"I need you guys to leave." I said, opening my eyes to look at my bestfriends.

Jack scoffed, "you expect us to leave you at a time like this! You must be one crazy motherfucker."

"Jack stop, just go-"

I felt a buzz in my pocket. I have a text from taylorswift.

TaylorSwift: I'm sorry, looks like your boyfriend is a cheater.

And that's when I broke.

J A C K G I L I N S K Y

Cameron dropped his phone and just stared at it. Everything was still and all you could hear was Cameron's heavy breathing. I turned the tv off while Cam was reading a text message he received. His foot came up in the air then fell down, smashing his phone.

Aaron slowly walked over to Cameron touching his shoulder lightly. "Get the fuck away from me," the older boy yelled pushing our younger friend.

Aaron fell, his head hitting the side glass table, shattering it. My eyes went wide. "FUCK DALLAS, LOOK WHAT YOU DID," I yelled rushing over to Aaron.

I slowly lifted his head to see the injury. There was a deep cut filled with lots of glass pieces, blood was gushing everywhere.

"Cameron call an ambulance, he needs to go to the hospital like now," I ordered.

"Aaron I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't me-"

"FUCK CAMERON, CALL 9-1-1!!!"

He keeps rambling how sorry he was but takes his house phone and dials.

"Yeah, yeah my friend he's hurt, like badly, I p-pushed him and he fell on the table and busted his head open and there a bunch of bl- m-my address, my address i-is 1989 NE Loxsmith Ave. Please hurry, I have to go now to help him you kn-know." He pushed the red button ending the call and dropping the house phone.

Cam came closer, kneeling on the other side of Aaron's head. "A, I'm sorry I was just upset, I didn't mean it. Please don't die. I love you man, please don't d-"

"I'm not going to die you fucktarred! Now shut your trap, my head hurts." Aaron said, his voice getting quieter each word. Tears were welled up in his eyes but they didn't fall. He was trying to act tuff. But if I had a bunch of glass in my head, I would be crying for my mommy.

Minutes later a team of paramedics were in the house letting Carpenter onto a gurney.

Since Cam and I weren't family we couldn't ride in the ambulance, we had to drive ourselves to the hospital. The paramedics said the hospital will notify Aaron's parents and not to worry about doing that. (A/n: Idk if all that's correct so just go with it.)

When we got into my car I glared at Cameron. "What the actual fuck is wrong with you?! Your relationship is fucked up so your going to take it out on our freshy!!!?"

He stared at me, tears in his eyes. But I didn't care, we never harmed each other. That's why Taylor was shunned so hard. Plus he tried to killed a person, but you get my point.

"What was going through that asshole head of yours Cameron! I really can't believe you! Especially to Aaron, he's barely 15! I'm just so done with you Cameron Dallas." I angrily started the car, pulling out of his driveway.

I really didn't want to deal with any of this right now. I just wanted to be at my baby's house snuggling with him. I don't want to deal with Madison's black mailing, or my homophobic parents, or Cameron's repetitive drama, or even Aaron's busted head. I just wanted Jack. That's all I'm asking for.

A couple minutes after I calmed down I spoke to him again. "I'm sorry for yelling at you Cam. I know your hurting. What happened on that screen ripped your heart out of your chest, and I get that. Nash is a fucking bastard and I'm going to kill him. But Aaron did not deserve to feel the pain you were feeling. So when we get to that hospital, you are going to apologize not only to him but to his parents too." I glanced at Cameron quickly to see him nodding.

"I know and I will," he agreed.

But the thing he didn't know was, he was also going to receive an apology, from the bastard who broke his heart.