Chapter 34

~*Taylor's POV*~

"James..." I whispered as got into his room. He had left his window unlocked like I told him to.

"I'm awake..." He sat up. The only way I could see him was because of the light of the moon shining through the tree.

I smiled as I walked around to him. He stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist in a hug. I hugged him back and then we sat down on his bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm sure he was asleep."

"I was worried."

"I know." I looked up into his shinning eyes. "I'm opened for questions, what's the first thing you want to know?"

"How did you get a black eye?" He touched the side of my face.

"It was around 5 in the morning and I knew my dad was up. I went to talk to him about going back to the dance studio. I want to work with my kids. But he said I was crazy and back handed my face. Then he said I could as along as I was home by certain time so now I'm going to talk to Debbie about my job."

"Are you okay? Does it hurt?"

"I'm fine, I can't see clearly but I'm alright." I assured.

"I want to know why you and Mrs. Jones were acting like friends today?"

"Mrs. Jones and I are friends. Look don't tell anyone but when I was a sophomore and got into her class she gave me a book to read. I read it and when I gave it back to her, we talked about it. I thought it was so cool that we understood something no one else cared to read. We would fangirl over fictional characters and almost cry over the sad parts." I explained. "I act and think I don't like her, but now that I think about it she's very nice. I think it's the fact that she tries to get in my business, that tips me off...... But she's cool. She has this crazy thing for romance novels. I thank her for putting you in my way."

"Thank her?"

"She said that in most books the bad boy and good girl end up together... We play opposite gender roles but we ended up together. This was all because of her. Think about it. How did we actually meet?"

"Mrs. Jones assigned a project and paired us together... Wow, makes sense. I can't believe it..." He whispered.

"You can't tell her what I told you, she would be embarrassed."

"Right... So you want to tell me about your mom and dad?"

"I don't." He looked at me. "But I am. I promised." I gave him a smile and took a deep breath.

"Long ago, my mom and dad use to be the best parents it the world. My mom would pick me pick from school and ask about my day... My dad would come home and help me with my homework, then we would play."

"I guess we were a normal family... Until I was about 10, I was home with my dad waiting for my mom to come home. It was weird she never stayed at work so late. And from then on everything went down the toilet. My dad stopped working saying that if she was staying that late she should be getting a good pay check. I would get home and see my dad drinking. I hated seeing my dad like that, so I would leave.
Can you imagine a 10 year old girl walking down the streets of such town? No 10 year old girl should be walking around town like that.
I ended up finding a park, Lincoln Park. I saw the woods and thought about how I could get lost of I went in there. I didn't care, I wanted to get lost. I felt that my mom and dad didn't want me anymore.
I walked into the forest and followed the sound of the river. As I reached it I looked around and saw all the trees were skinny. Only one tree caught my attention, and it was thick..."