Chapter 8

~*Taylor's P.O.V *~

I felt something warm next to my arm. I didn't want to open my eyes just yet. I wanted to sleep. Whatever this thing is it's soft and very warm. I like it.

Then I heard someone let out a deep breath. My eyes shot open and looked over to the chair at the corner. James wasn't there anymore. It must be late and he decided to leave. He was here even when I was crying. Although I didn't tell him why, he stayed and wiped away tears.

He told me about his day at school. Apparently there was this girl who went over to his table at lunch and dumped her spaghetti on one of his friends. I don't know why but I thought that was funny. He said the girl had gotten mad because his friend dumped her. He talked until I fell asleep, I guess.

I jumped a little, as the thing that was next to my arm moved. Or should I say the person? I finally looked down at a sleeping James. His head on laying on top of his arms, which he was using as a pillow. He had bought a chair right next to my bed sat down on it and then fell asleep with his head resting on my bed.

He looked so peaceful. So relaxed. Like there was nothing he was worried about. And I have to admit I'm jealous.

I'm jealous of him. But I'm also selfish. I want what he has. I want to be like him. He's that kind of person that people want around. And I'm the person everyone wants to stay away from. We're completely different.

"I'm danger and you're goodness. You shouldn't be here. You shouldn't even be trying." I gently ran my fingers through his hair. "I'm too much. You will give up sooner or later. Everyone does, it's just a matter of time. Don't tie yourself up James, leave me here to rot in my own world."

I was glad he didn't wake up. He didn't move he was asleep still. His hair so soft through my fingers.

There was a knock at the door followed by a nurse coming in. "Hello sweetie, it's going to be 9 are you sure you don't want to eat your dinner? You left your food there again, and you need something in your stomach."

"Actually I will try to eat. I can't promise I'll eat it all but I can try." I gave her a small smile.

"Okay. Is that your boyfriend? It's so sweet of him to be here with you."

I looked down at James who was starting to move a little. "Yeah..."

"Let me just say he's a keeper." She smiled and gave me a wink before walking back out.

I grabbed the tray with food on it. It had a little bowl of soup, some crackers, and another bowl with mixed fruit. And of course a glass of water. I started by poking around the fruit. It didn't look so good.

"You don't look to hungry." I jumped at the sound of his voice.

"I am. This just looks unappetizing..." I said acting like he didn't scare me at all.

"I did bring salad. If you want some. My mother made it and told me to bring you some. But a lot has happened since I got here..." His voice raspy from barely waking up.

"A lot has happened... Maybe you should go home and rest." I told him.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because you are tried and have school tomorrow. And because -"

"No. Why are you pushing me away?" He asked.

"What? I'm not. I'm just telling you, you don't have to be here you have school tomorrow and it's late."

"Taylor, I heard- ....I-I have to go. My mother is probably wondering why I'm not home still. Here's the salad if you want it." He was in a rush to get out of here. But I wanted to hear what he had heard.