Chapter 33

~*James POV*~

"Honey please come out." My mom knock on my door. But just like any other day I ignored her. Blasting up the music from my phone to drown her out.

"James, open the door!" She yelled.

I just looked up at the ceiling fan, watching it go round and round.

My mom has been bugging me since the day Taylor saw Ash kiss me. Yeah that's right. I didn't do shit! I didn't know Ash was going to kiss me. And then it's all my fault.

I can still remember everything that happened.

"James calm down, we know she's coming this way. Take a seat, please." Debbie told me. But I couldn't stop walking back and forth just a couple of feet away from the door. I wanted her to get here already. I wanted to make her stay because she belongs here. I didn't care if we ran away to get far from Fred. I didn't care as long as we were together.

Then there was a knock on the door and without thinking about anything else but Taylor, I opened the door. Much to my disappointment it was Ash.

"James. Is Taylor here?" She asked me. There was something in her voice. She was shaky and looked like she was about to cry. "Please I need to talk to her." She begged.

"I'm sorry Ash, she's not here."

She gave a choked cry as she covered her face with her hand. I didn't know what to do. She was just crying. I couldn't close the door in her face. I also wasn't going to let her be here when Taylor came. Taylor had a lot on herself and shouldn't come home just to be pressured with other people's problems. I wanted to be the first to talk to her and beg her to stay.

"You know, I'm your friend too, you can tell me what ever it is you wanna tell Taylor."

"I can't because it involves you." She cried.

"Me?" I got very curious as to what was so bad about me she was crying. "Tell me. I want to know."

Her eyes adverted to look behind me and into Debbie's apartment. I looked back to see Debbie standing there looking at Ash and me. I mouthed her a quick sorry before I closed the door, putting a wall of privacy for us. "Please tell me what you wanted to tell Taylor."

"I, I wanted to tell her about her father."

"Her father? What do you know about her father?" I asked.

She started to cry again. "He- he wants me to hurt her. He wants me to work f-for him. I-I can't- I can't do this. Taylor is good. Fred wants to h-hurt her. He's crazy. He-he-"

"Ash calm down." I grabbed her shoulders. She shook as she sobbed. Tears rolled down her face like a waterfall and suddenly she hugged me crying into my shoulder. I hugged her back letting her try. But because I didn't want to be rude and because she's my best friend.

It took about a minute for her to calm down just enough so that we could continue with the conversation. "Ash, what do I have to do with this? How am I involved?"

She got off my shoulder looking at me. "That's something else, I can't tell you." She lightly straightened out my shirt.

"Why not? Its about me."

"James if I tell you, you-" she looked away. "You wouldn't want to be my friend anymore."

"Ash, what happened to best friends forever?"