Liz and I walked side by side. I was just staring at the soft golden sand under our feet while she internally debated whatever she was going to say. 

Liz's procrastination made my nerves heightened until I couldn't take it anymore, and by this time we were at the beach, in front of the vast ocean. If I weren't so distracted waiting for Liz to say whatever she was going to say, I would actually marvel at the beauty of the sight in front of me. 

"Okay, I'm listening" I said, hoping she would get the hint.

I heard her sigh and realized she had stopped walking so I turned around to face her; effectively blocking the sun from hitting her face because I was taller than her. 

"Nick... the other day, we-" she stopped and took a deep breath. I braced myself for what was coming next. 

"The other day we kissed and then had an amazing conversation. It was great and we were both thinking that maybe we could figure out how we could fit with each other... but I have been thinking about it, and honestly, I don't think we should even bother. We are wasting our time thinking that we could ever work out. We are so different, and I'm sure after what I witnessed when your brother called, that you miss your family terribly. This leads me to believe that you could leave at any second, because after all... you're here because your family lost your home right? I'm sure they'll find a home soon and you'll go back to America and then what? Have a long distance relationship? Those things never work, and I'm not going to pretend it could work. I'm sorry Nick, but this, us, it's not going to happen" I listened to everything she had to say patiently until she finished. I sighed and took a few minutes before responding. Part of me wanted to scream or protest in a desperate manner, but I kept my calm.

I stepped closer until our faces were only several inches apart, Liz dropped her gaze to the ground.

"Look at me" I demanded softly. She bit her lip before her eyes found mine again. Her brown eyes looked conflicted and troubled, I knew what that meant perfectly well. I reached across to her face with my hand and  stroked her cheek gently.

"No" I said simply. Her eyes widened as realization set in.

"What do you mean no?" she questioned, though she knew awfully well what I meant.

"No. I don't agree with you and I don't plan on taking the course of action you have chosen" I elaborated. Liz's mouth hung open in disbelief and I nudge her chin with my finger reminding her to close her mouth; which she did. I smiled gingerly.

"What? But Nick, did you not listen to everything I just said? It isn't going to work out so why even bother figuring out where this goes?" she said "this" motioning to her and I. I raised an eyebrow and shrugged. This seemed to peak at her temper.

"Are you serious? You honestly believe that I'm asking for your permission don't you? Well, I'm not. I am informing you about the state of the situation" she said annoyed. My smile turned into a grin at her irritated tone. 

Ignoring her previous comment, I changed the subject, "I have to admit that your temper is one of the most attractive personality traits that you posses... In my humble opinion of course". Liz narrowed her eyes at me, obviously not amused. I chuckled and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious, Nick. Why do you keep making jokes?" this time she just sounded exhausted.

I took her lovely face in my hands, making her look at me in the eye. Her expression was sullen. I didn't like seeing her like that, so I dropped the act. 

"I'm not letting you decide what will or won't or possibly happen between us. I can't let you do that, I'm sorry. I'm an honest person and I like being straight forward so I'm going to tell you the truth. I cannot bear the idea of walking away from this... something that could turn into something amazing and beautiful. You need to understand, that for whatever reason I'm living here, it doesn't matter. There's stuff that I can't explain right now but you need to trust me, I hate living here. I hate being away from my family and I hate not being able to tell you eveything. But what I can tell you is that you are the best, no, the only good thing about being here. The only thing, you hear me?"

She nodded her head slowly in my hands but her eyes were still sad. I didn't like it.

Liz's POV

He was being as honest as he was allowed to be and that only made me feel worse. He needed to know the truth, all the truth. I had to tell him everything.

"Nick I have to tell you something" I said. Nick's eyes were seeing right through me, or at least that's how it felt.

"I have to tell you the tru-" but I was unable to carry on with my confession, because Nick's soft lips were pressed against mine, cutting my words before they even came out.

"I really don't want to hear more of your pessimistic opinions, how about we stop with the talking for a little bit?" he didn't give me time to accept or decline his proposition before his mouth caught mine in another kiss, this one gentle and sweet in nature. I found that I had forgotten what I wanted to tell him, while I responded to the kiss he had begun. 

__________________________________________

"Sometimes something beautiful can come out of a tough situation"

-Nick Jonas

_____________________________________________

A/N: Turn out to be kind of a filler ugh. Anyways, you guys are the first to know that I am going to Puerto Rico (home sweet home) on vacation for 2 weeks, and I leave on Monday. Don't worry, this does not mean I won't be updating. Like I said it's two weeks but I can't spend all my time writing, I gotta see old friends and family I have over there so I will post 1 chapter each week. Sound fair?

Anyways let me know what you think eh? Love you guys! :)

P.S I hate my life because I leave on Monday and the Jonas Brothers will be here on Wednesday (July 3rd)  to perform at the Red Hot and Boom (One of Florida's biggest independence day celebration which I attend every year if I'm not at Puerto Rico). Is it possible that I have this much bad luck? Why can't I freaking see them live? I've been a fan for 8 freaking years, I think I deserve it!! :( 

Ok, I rambled long enough, if you read this whole author's note i freaking love you!