Chapter 1

Anakin's eyes fluttered open to the sound of the floor creaking. He looked over to see Almeta fast asleep, and his mind wandered to Luke and Leia.

He could sense that Leia was up. He quickly kicked off the blankets before pulling his robes on, and walking into the main room.

Leia sat on the cushioned sofa in the Veranda, with a glass of water in her hands.
"Leia, why are you up?" Anakin asked, blinking his eyes to adjust to the dark room.
"I couldn't sleep."

He sat down beside her, and placed his arms around her small body. "I sense fear in you." 
"I have a bad feeling, daddy. I feel that the Empire is up to something."

Anakin frowned. Leia was strong with the force just like Luke. She could sense everything going on, and that worried Anakin.

"I don't want you to worry. Daddy and the Jedi are doing everything to stop the Empire." He promised her, kissing her head.

She exhaled as he stood up from the sofa, still holding her. "Come on, let's get you to bed."
He walked into her room, laying her down and wrapping the blankets around her. "Don't worry about anything, Leia. I'm right across the hall, and Luke is one room over."

He kissed her forehead before closing the door, walking back to the bedroom.
Almeta was sitting up in the bed, breathing heavy.

"Almeta, what's wrong?" He asked, crawling to her side.

She rubbed her face as she pulled the blankets over her chest. "I - I dreamed that the Empire kidnapped Luke and Leia." She breathed, rubbing her temples.
Anakin rose a brow. "What?"

She looked up at him with teary eyes. "What if it isn't just a dream, Anakin? What if they take them and -"

"Sh, Al." He whispered, pulling her to his chest. She relaxed in his hold before resting her chin on his shoulder, burying her face in his hair.
"Everything will be alright." He promised her.
"They aren't even my blood children, and I act like they are." She sighed.

Anakin smiled. "But you're their step mother. Padmé hasn't bothered to return, so you have taken the missing spot of motherhood."

She let out a shaky breath. "That scares me."
Anakin chuckled. "You get used to it eventually."
She smiled.

-

"What do I do, Master? Almeta and Leia sense something is wrong. I can't feel anything, it's like they have blocked us all out." Anakin explained to Obi-Wan.

"They have, using the power they have. They don't know the twins exist."
"That's a good thing."
"Yes, but you also have to be aware that they can find out, if we aren't careful."
"What are you saying, Master?" He asked, trying to relax as he shifted on the Jedi seat.

"I'm saying that you need to take the children back to Naboo with Padmé until we get things under control. It isn't safe for them here."
Anakin looked down with sad eyes. "They don't want to go back."

"I know, but that's what is best, Anakin."
"I know. I'll take them at the end of the week. That should give them time to pack their things."

He nodded. "We'll make this right, Anakin."
"Thank you, Master."

-

As Anakin walked into the apartment, he spotted Almeta sitting down with Leia. She was brushing Leia's thick hair before separating it, and pulling it into two buns.

"How is Obi-Wan?" Almeta asked.
"He's alright." Anakin smiled.

Once she was finished with Leia's hair, she stood up and wrapped her arms around her husband.
"I'm going to miss them when they go back to Naboo." She said.

"Me too, but it's for their safety."

I wouldn't lose them again, Anakin thought.