Chapter 26: Follow the Ewok

One last update for today! :) Holy crap 5K reads!! Ah!! Thank you guys so much!
I also have been writing another Anakin fanfiction. If you want me to post the first chapter, please comment! X

Anakin stood near his speeder tiredly, stumbling slightly. He looked around as morning came.

"She has to be around here somewhere. I can sense it. . . But. . . She's not harmed."
"She must have found protection. Let's go."

The two jogged across the flat area of the forest before stopping.
"What is that?" He asked, listening to the soft scruffed voices.
"Anakin, look up."

They both looked up, and Anakin's eyes widened.
Large buildings were standing in the trees, and he sighed of relief.

"She's here."

Anakin climbed up a ladder, and onto the wood of the trees. He walked towards a door before opening it.

Almeta stood in front of an Ewok, and looked at him.
"Anakin!"

She ran to him before throwing her arms around his neck, and he sighed as he nuzzled head into her neck and wrapped his arms around her slim waist. "You frightened me."
Pulling away, she sighed. "So did you. You could have been shot."

Anakin grinned as he placed his hand to her face. "I'm alright."

"I have wonderful news!" She said as she pulled away. "The Ewoks have a lead on where the Clone Base is."
"Really?" He asked.
She nodded. "A group of them followed the Clones that we seen. They're just east of the forest."

"I'm glad you found that out, I think Mace was going to drive himself crazy." Obi-Wan muttered.

"We should get going, then." Almeta said, picking her belt up from the wooden floor. "The Ewok's will lead the way."

The Ewok's headed outside, along with the three. As they got to the ground, Anakin pulled Almeta aside.
"You took a fall." He said, wiping the dirt off of her cheeks.

"Hm, I didn't notice." She teased.
"You should have held on, but I'm just glad you weren't killed."
"I'll remember that next time."

Anakin chuckled.

He followed behind Almeta as she followed Obi-Wan. The creatures walked slumply towards the east.
"I hope this is the right way." Anakin said, glaring at the Ewok.

-

Walking for hours, Anakin spotted a base in his eye sight.

"Stay quiet!"

Everyone sunk to the ground, and he pulled his lightsaber from his belt.

"Head in." Obi-Wan demanded.

Almeta and Anakin stood, and the ran through the brush. Their  feet stepped onto the platform, and they stopped.

"Go."

Anakin walked ahead, and sliced the alarm panel in half. The large door slid open, and the two ran inside.

Clones aimed their blasters at them, and they quickly blocked them with their sabers. Almeta ran towards two clones that were trying to escape, and their bodies fell to the ground.

"We have to keep our cover. . . There are going to be larger crowds of them." Anakin said as he placed the holster of his lightsaber in his belt loop.

"I have an idea." She said, leaning down to the ground.
Anakin watched as she picked up one of the helmets to the clone, and put it on.

Anakin smirked. "Smart thinking, my loving Padawan."
"You can thank me later, Master."

Anakin lowered to the ground and quickly picked up one of the helmets. He peeled off the gear from the clone, and they both pulled them on.

"Master Obi-Wan, the main floor is clear. You can head in." Anakin said in his hologram.
"Are we ready?" Almeta asked.
He nodded as he held the blaster in his hands tightly. "Lets go."

They walked towards the elevator doors, and stepped inside. Anakin pressed the button for the top floor, and it took them slowly.

"I sense worry in you." Anakin whispered.
"We could get noticed."
"The force is with us both." He promised her.

As the doors opened, they watched in shock as thousands of clones marched. Some stood around and watched, others building objects.
"Just look like you fit in." He told her.
They walked into the room, and stood next to the control panels. Anakin nodded at her.
"Distract them."

Anakin walked towards one of the clones. "I think I spotted a Jedi in the main hangar."
He looked at another clone. "Let's go!"
As they ran off, Anakin turned to see Almeta looking at him.
"You just sold Obi-Wan out!"
"He'll fight them off." He shrugged.

She quickly turned off the power to the machine in construction, and the clones stopped.

"Seize them!"

They quickly ditched the Clone Gear, and fought off as many as they could. As they made it to the elevator, the door closed.

Anakin panted for air as the elevator came to a stop, making Almeta and him stumble.

"Did you press the stop button?" She asked.
"No did you?"
"No."
"Well there's more than one way out."

Anakin pressed his lightsaber into the ceiling, creating a circle. The two stepped back as it dropped to the floor, and he jumped up and out of the elevator.

Almeta followed, the two jumping until they were holding onto a pipe on the metal walls.
"There's no time, jump!"

As they let go, their backs hit the metal walls as they slid down the elevator capsule. Anakin looked down as the ground inched closer.

He grabbed his grapple, and wrapped his arm around Almeta's waist as hd tossed it to hook around a pipe. Anakin jerked the chord until they were plunged into the room of the first floor, both of them falling to the floor.

"That was fun." Anakin grunted, brushing his tunic off.

Almeta grinned as she stood up. "We did it."
She jumped towards him, and he wrapped his arms around her tightly. She let out a sigh of relief as she hid her face in his chest.
"We did it," Anakin repeated.

I got shivers when I wrote: I grinned as I placed my hand to her face. "I'm alright." bECAUSE IN EPISODE III WHEN PADME SAID SHE THOUGHT HE WAS KILLED BYE