Chapter 22: Not Going Back

Almeta stood completely frozen as Padmé observed her.

"Forgive me."

Almeta looked at Anakin, and he could sense the sadness forming inside of her.
"No, wait!"

Anakin ran out of the Coruscant apartment after Almeta as she walked out. He grabbed her hand, and she turned around.

"She's your wife, Anakin. Don't forget that." She said as tears fell from her eyes.

"She left me! She lied to me!" He cried, grabbing her face.

She shook her head. "Don't stop because of me."
Anakin stood there as she ran off, disappearing.
Padmé walked out, her eyes on his. 
"You did move on."

"Because you were supposed to be dead." Anakin spat.
"Ani -"
"I said stop calling me that!" Anakin screamed.
"I love you!" She yelled.

Anakin shook his head. "Liar!"

She buried her face in her hands as he paced back and forth.

"If you truly loved me, you wouldn't have left me in the darkest time when I needed you the most!"

She stood there with her eyes on the ground. "I was scared you'd kill me."
Anakin scoffed. "That's a lie."
"It isn't!"

"Then why are you here now, Padmé? Did you really think you'd make things better after lying to me for half of a decade?"

She pressed her hands to his face. "I want to be with you, Anakin. I love you so much. Our children want their father to be in their life, and I want that too."
Anakin pushed her hands away.

"I will be in their life. But you and I. . . That's gone."
Her eyes widened.

"I moved on, Padmé. I had to. Your lack of existence was killing me. I found Almeta, and she fixed me."

Her face showed pain. "You fell in love with your Padawan."

Anakin crossed his arms over his chest. "Just like I fell in love with a Senator, right?"

She pressed her lips together firmly.

"A part of me will always care about you, Padmé. You were my first love, and my first wife. You gave me children; and I'll be forever grateful."

She sniffled, wiping her eyes.
"But my heart belongs to Almeta."

-

Almeta sat on the stairs of the Jedi Temple, staring up at the sky. The Coruscant traffic went by slowly, filling the atmosphere with soft honking.

She looked behind her to see Master Yoda making his way slowly down the stairs.

"Late, it is." He said, sitting beside her.
"I came to think." She admitted.
He hummed quietly. "Peaceful, the traffic is. Soft and gentle from below."

"It helps me concentrate."

"Back on my home planet, there was nothing but the eerie waters below."

Almeta looked over at him. "Do you miss Dagobah, Master?"
He smiled at her. "Home, it is, Young Oka."

She looked down at the ground. "It isn't Jedi like, but I can't help but feel guilty for everything that has happened."

He tapped his solid cane against the stone ground. "No guilt needed, no no."

She sighed. "I don't think I'm good enough to be a Jedi."
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." He told her.

Almeta smiled at him. "You're inspiring, Master Yoda."
"Life experience, it is."

-

As Almeta  walked to her apartment, she quickly changed into a nightgown, and stood outside on the balcony.

"Beautiful evening," She whispered to herself.
"I've seen much more prettier things, you being one of them."

Almeta jumped as the man spoke, and turned around.

Anakin stood, leaning against the frame.

"I didn't sense you here."

"I kept my distance."

Almeta looked back out at the Coruscant. "Where is Padmé?"

"I got her an apartment. She's with Leia and Luke."

She didn't respond.

"What does this mean for us?" She asked, her voice hushed.

She heard him exhale quietly. "You are so. . . Beautiful."

She looked back at him before he walked towards her, grabbing her face.

"I have moved on from what caused me pain, Almeta. I will have my children in my life, and you will be involved in my life too."

Almeta closed her eyes as he pressed his lips to hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck tightly.

"I love you." She whispered.
"I love you, and one more thing."
"What?" She asked.
He smiled.

"I want you to meet two younglings tomorrow."

Awww Almakin :-))
I love Yoda so much like wow
Please vote and comment your predictions for what's next!

- AdmiringReigns