Chapter 11: The Jedi Council

Oh my God! I've almost hit 600 reads! Thank you all so much for the support in reading and voting! I'll probably update later today after I go see Episode VII! :)

- AdmiringReigns

"We can't risk it, Anakin. She could have died out there!" Obi-Wan shouted, watching the boy run a hand through his hair in aggravation.

"I tried to get her to change her mind, Master. She wouldn't. She's desperate to become a Jedi."

"You must teach her the Jedi Order." Mace Windu said, sitting down.
"Master Windu, it's not like she put anyone else in harm." Argued Anakin.
"I won't repeat myself, Young Skywalker."
"Let's just see what happens from here, Master. Almeta's training is increasing greatly. She's doing everything right."

"I hope so, because we're going to need as many of the Jedi if we're going to be stationed on Planet Kamino. More droids are being factored."
"You want her to join us, Master?" Anakin asked Windu.

Obi-Wan crossed his arms over his chest as Master Windu stood up, now in Anakin's face. Although Anakin is the tallest Jedi around, Master Windu was in second.

"If something happens, I will remove you from your chance to join the Jedi Council."
Anakin's jaw clenched. "Yes, Master."
Anakin sent Obi-Wan a glare before turning around and walking down the long hall of the Jedi Temple.

"Master Windu, in Anakin's defense, he isn't who he was before." Obi-Wan said.
"If he wants badly to be on the Jedi Council, he needs to show that I can trust him again."

-

Anakin slammed his fists on the wall angrily, letting out a breath.

They don't trust me, he thought.

The boy was drenched in sweat as he pressed his back to the wall, sliding down until he was sitting. His breathing became ragged, and his heart was pounding. Nausea kicked in, making him swallow.

Emotions ran through his body as he buried his face into his hands, tears spilling.

He stopped seconds later, standing up. He placed his cloak on the end of his bed, setting his belt and lightsaber on the night stand.
A soft knock stopped him.

Maybe it was Obi-Wan. He witnessed Mace threatening him.
As he opened the door, he was surprised to see Almeta.

"Master, I could sense there was something wrong." She panted.
She rose a brow. "You ran here?"
"You're my Master, and I thought you were in danger."
"I'm alright."

She blinked a few times as she looked up at him.
"Are you sure?" She asked, her voice sending a deep chill down Anakin's spine.

Anakin leaned his hand on the door frame for support as he grew weak. "I'm not."
"Master?"
He shook his head. "Anakin."
"What?" She asked confusedly.
"Call me Anakin when it's just us."

Anakin stumbled a bit, and she grabbed his waist. "Mas-Anakin.. Are you alright?"
"I feel weak." he replied, sweat dripping down his face.

She walked him to his bed, and he sat down with his elbows resting on his knees.
"The -The Jedi Council. . . They said if anything happens, they won't allow me to join the council."

Her eyes widened. "That's preposterous!" She shouted.

Anakin rubbed his temples as hisbreathing slowed down slightly. "Master Windu wants you to join our mission to Planet Kamino."
"Really?" She asked.

He nodded. "He was upset that you almost got killed."
"I know the feeling. I'm upset with myself."
Anakin frowned as she looked down at her lap, and fumbled with her fingers.

He grabbed her chin with his fingers, and she looked at him with soft eyes.
"I don't like when you do that." He said quietly.
"What?"
"When you get upset, you always look away from me, as if you think I don't want to look at you."

"I wouldn't want to look at myself."
It was then when Anakin noticed how close their faces were. Her nose nearly brushed against his, his fingers still holding her chin.

"That's all I do, Almeta. I look at you all the time. I can't stop myself."
"What are you saying, Anakin?"

Anakin didn't even know what he was saying. Although it was true, it was as if he were intoxicated.
"I like when you say my name. I don't like when you call me Master, I don't want to be just a Master to you."

Her face grew red as he closed his eyes, sighing. He could feel her cool breath fan his lips, making him shutter.

"I don't want to be just a Padawan to you." She whispered.

Anakin pressed his lips to hers, his mind drifting off from reality. He could sense happiness in both of them.

As they pulled away, she let out an uneven breath.
"That was -"
"Amazing." Anakin interrupted her, both of them chuckling.
"I should get going." She said, standing up.

"Goodnight, Anakin."

As she left, Anakin walked back to his bed, laying across it and staring at the ceiling.

Anakin was happy.

Oh snap :)
Please don't forget to vote & comment!