Chapter 6

Sorry I haven't updated today, I've been busy writing and working on other stories :)

"Have you checked all of the ships?" Anakin asked the Guard.

"Master Skywalker, we have searched every inch of Naboo. The only thing left is that The Empire -"
"Thank you." Anakin snapped, stepping away from the man. Almeta hated to see him so afraid for the twins. Wherever they were, Anakin and her weren't going to give up.

"Maybe we should go to Obi-Wan." She offered.
He shook his head. "Obi-Wan is still on Endor. I don't want to disturb him."

Almeta pressed a hand to her stomach as she leaned on the frame of the ship. The same queasy feeling that arrived to her stomach for the past three days had returned.

Anakin looked at her. "Are you alright?"
She nodded. "I'm fine, we need to find them."

Almeta clutched her stomach again, and he caught her.

"Nope, I don't want you going."
"Anakin, it's just morning sickne -"

"I don't care, you haven't slept for days."
"Like you have room to talk, you've had to deal with this." She said, pressing a hand to her stomach. "Soon, I'll be the size of Coruscant."

He rolled his eyes as a grin appeared on his lips. "Alright, smarty-pants, if I see one more sign that you're not up for it, I'm taking you back."
She sent him a salute.

Anakin and her looked over to see Padmé stepping outside of the Palace.

"Typho is going to send out more guards to the Death Star. If there is any sign there, they will send a hologram."
"When?" Anakin asked.
"Tomorrow. They have to get the ships ready."
Anakin rubbed his eyes. "Tomorrow."
"That's the best they can do."

Almeta looked at Padmé. Why isn't she freaking out? These are her children they were talking about.

Anakin leaned against the ship as a breath escaped his lips. "Then I'll go."
Almeta's eyes widened. "Anakin!"

He looked at his wife, his blue eyes focusing on hers. "I have to do this."
"We have a battle to win." She told him.
"Then it will be right after this battle." He said in a final tone. Padmé just crossed her arms over her chest.

This all was outrageous. Anakin could get killed if he were to go alone.
"Then it's final. I'll let Typho know." Padmé said, walking away.

Almeta huffed.

-

Almeta laid on the sofa in the Veranda as Anakin laid next to her, his hand resting over her stomach. She watched as he gently rubbed her stomach softly.

"I know you don't like this plan." He began.
"It's suicide." She said, sending him a glare.
He sighed. "I can't let them die."

"We can't get into something when it's the big problem, Anakin! You'll get killed!"
"I said I would wait until after the battle!" He shouted.
"You're asking for your own death." She mumbled, standing up as he did.

"Then maybe that's a sign that I need to die."
It was in a matter of seconds as Almeta's hand made contact with his face in a quick slap, and his head snapped to the side as a frown formed on his face.

"I know you want to find them. But to get yourself killed when you go at the wrong time. . . And for you to say that.." She croaked, pressing a hand to her stomach. "You would leave this child with one parent."

She turned around and quickly walked into the bedroom, slamming the door shut as tears escaped her eyes. Never did Anakin and her argue before this.

-

Coruscant was dark, leaving Anakin to face Almeta. He knew after what he had said was wrong, and he deserved the slap that she had given him.

He quietly knocked on the door before opening it; revealing Almeta. She laid on the bed in her usual night gown, rubbing her stomach.

Anakin pulled off his cloak before hanging it, walking towards the bed. Her eyes met his as she sat in front of her.

"How are you feeling?" He asked her.
"Like a failure."

Anakin moved closer until he placed his hands on top of hers. "I don't want you to feel like that, my love." He said, watching her look towards the window; her eyes moist from tears.

"What I said, I didn't mean that." He promised her. "I love you, and our baby. I'm just so worried about Luke and Leia."

"I know you are, and so am I. But to go in the wrong time is going to get you all three killed."

He closed his eyes as she reached her hand out, placing it to his cheek softly.

"I'm sorry I slapped you."
Anakin laughed, hearing her chuckle. "I deserved it."

He placed his hand to her stomach.

"You and our baby, and the twins are my everything."
He kissed the skin of her stomach before pressing his lips to hers.

"I have one negotiation, when you go to The Death Star." She said to hi.
"What?"
"I'm going with you."

Anakin's eyes widened. "Wha - No! You're pregnant!"
She rolled her eyes. "I'll be perfectly fine in defending myself and your children, Anakin. I'm a Jedi."
"A pregnant Jedi."

"That just makes me sound more bad." She said, smirking.

Anakin pressed his lips together to contain himself from smiling. "Don't smirk like that, I like it too much."
"Oops."
He sighed. "Please consider on changing your mind."
She hummed. "Nope."

Anakin groaned.

She wrapped her arms around him before pulling his body to hers. "Hold me. I want this moment to last until we're all at peace again."
He pressed his lips to her forehead.

"Soon, my love. I promise."