Chapter 17

One Week Later

Almeta stood still in the hall of the Medical Center, waiting for a sign of Anakin. She closed her eyes as she sensed his excited presence.

She opened them quickly as a door opened. She watched as he stepped out of the room; dressed in his Jedi gear now, and he looked at her before smiling.

She ran towards him before lunging into his arms, spinning her around. She grabbed his face and kissed him passionately.

"I missed you." He whispered, holding me close.
"I missed you, so has the kids, and Aubrianna."
He smiled, holding her face still. "Our child, I can feel her, she's strong with the force, like us and the twins."
"Really?" She asked.
He nodded. "I stayed up last night, feeling her breathing softly as she slept, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever felt."

As much as she wanted to break down into tears, she laughed happily. "She is your daughter."
"Lets get going, I'm in no condition to stay here for another second." He said, making her chuckle.

-

Luke and Leia sat impatiently on the steps of the Coruscant Apartment building, along with Artoo. He beeped as the two walked towards them.

The twins ran towards Anakin, and he lifted them into his arms. They hugged him tightly as Anakin ran his gloved hand over Leia's curly hair.
"I'm guessing you didn't give Almeta a hard time while I was gone."
Luke shook his head. "We were the perfect little Jedi."

Anakin laughed at Luke's response. "That's more like it."

-

"I won't let you do this." Obi-Wan said to Master Windu. "You'll get yourself killed!"
Master Windu looked at me as he placed his lightsaber into the belt loop. "I am in charge here, Obi-Wan. I'll do what I must."

Obi-Wan massaged his temples. "This shouldn't be happening."
Mace Windu focused his eyes on him. "I have a favor to ask of you, before I go."
"What is it?" He asked curiously.

He placed a hand on Obi-Wan's shoulder. "If I do not return, I rank you as Head Master of The Jedi Council. Yoda will show you what you need to know."

Obi-Wan shook his head. "Don't start talking like that, Windu! You have to return!"
"You are a strong Jedi, Obi-Wan. Remember that."

He watched as he turned away from him; and walked towards the door. Obi-Wan balled his hands into fists, inhaling a sharp breath.

Master Yoda came in on his float, holding his cane with a hand. "Bad feeling, I have."
"You don't have to tell me, Master. I've had a bad feeling all day."

He hummed as Obi-Wan sat down.
"The dark side, stronger, it is. Give up, Sidious will not."
"He won't stop until he gets what he wants, which gives us another reason to move along with this plan."

-

Anakin sat at the edge of the bed with Aubrianna, watching her as she slowly closed her eyes to fall asleep. He couldn't help but smile at the beautiful child, softly stroking her cheek.

Almeta appeared in the doorway, now dressed in a night gown. "Is she asleep yet?"
"Just about." He answered.

She walked towards him, sitting down next to him. She placed her hand gently on his arm as she looked down at the baby.
"She's a beautiful creation." She whispered.

Anakin placed his hand on her knee as he inhaled. "Is everything set for tomorrow?"
She nodded. "Jar-Jar will watch Aubrianna. Luke and Leia will stay, and we all go to fight, and hopefully end this."

Anakin looked into her eyes as she looked up at him. "I sense that something is going to happen." He said, watching her frown.
"Someone isn't going to live, and we won't know who until it happens."
"I feel it too." She whispered.

Anakin closed his eyes. "Almeta, if I lose you, I-"

"Anakin, sh." She said, grabbing his face. "I'm not going anywhere, I promise you."
Her lips brushed against his faintly, and let out a shaky breath.
"But I am afraid." She said, low enough for him to hear.

Anakin wrapped his free arm around her waist and pulled her into his side. "I won't let anything happen to you, not Aubrianna, not Luke or Leia."

"I believe you, and the same thing goes for you. I want our child to grow up to become a Jedi, just like you. Not to have an early-aged death, not to die before me."
"Our children will live a long life, my love." Anakin promised her.

And I would make that happen, whatever it takes, Anakin told himself.