Chapter 27: Jedi Dinner

A/N

So you all wanted me to publish the first chapter to my fanfiction, and it's here! It's my new Anakin Skywalker fanfiction called Growing to Separation. Check it out, and I hope you like it!

Anakin walked into the Temple to see Master Windu and Yoda standing inside of the dining chamber, talking. He stepped inside, and they looked at him.

"Nice for you to join us, Young Skywalker." Mace said to him.
"Thank you, Master."

Anakin turned to see Obi-Wan and Ki-Adi step inside.

"All that is left is Almeta, Organa and Senator Amidala."
Anakin froze.

This should be fun.

"How has training been, Anakin?"
He jumped out of his thoughts as Obi-Wan seated next to him.

"It's great, Master. Almeta is making progress, as always."
"I'm glad to hear. Almeta is going to become a real Jedi soon."

The doors opened, and Almeta stepped inside.
Anakin swallowed his beverage slowly as he scanned her appearance. She wore her beautiful brown hair in a bun, with a braid lining her hair, and she wore a white suit with a fur cloak.

"Forgive me, I was running a bit behind. The Coruscant traffic was a lot slower today."
"Not to worry, Young Oka. Take a seat."

Almeta nodded and walked to the seat across from Anakin. She looked up at him as the others stood.

"We will gather the dining."
As they left, he looked back at her.
"You look different." Anakin told her.
"Is that a good thing?" She asked, smiling.

He laughed. "You've changed, more beautiful I mean. . ."
She smiled. "Thank you."
"You look more like a real Jedi when you wear that."
"I guess I'll have to wear it more."

The doors opened seconds later, and everyone walked back in; including Padmé.

-

Dinner went by slowly, and the silence was awkward for Almeta. Master Yoda spoke to Master Obi-Wan about the younglings he trains, and Padmé exchanged glances with Anakin and her.

As Padmé stared at Almeta, she shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She placed her glass on the table.
"Excuse me, Master."

She stood up, and walked outside.

She released a shaky breath as she leaned against the wall.
She jumped as the doors opened, and there she stood.

"Is there a problem?" She asked.
Almeta crossed her arms over her chest. "You tell me."
She chuckled. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Almeta glared at her. "You just sat there and stared at me for ten minutes."

"I can't help but look at the woman my husband is involved with."

Almeta rolled my head back, groaning. "Are you serious? You lied to him and told him you were dead! And your children! He did what was best for him and moved on after four years of grieving!" She shouted in a whisper.

She stared at Almeta again.

"If you don't like the fact that he has moved on, then you shouldn't be here at all. The only thing he's happy about is that he gets to be with his children."

The door opened, and Anakin ran to stand between the two. "Go back inside, Padmé." He demanded.

"Anakin -"
"I need to talk to her." He said through gritted teeth.

She looked down as she walked into the room again.

Almeta rubbed her temples as Anakin grabbed her shoulders.

"She irritates me, Anakin."
He sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry? She lied to you."
"I'm sorry that she's irritating you." He smiled. "I don't like that you have to put up with this."
"I'm glad the force is strong with me otherwise I may have taken an arm off."

He chuckled quietly at her joke. "Lets go back."
He pressed a kiss to her lips quickly before opening the door, letting her in before him.