The Loss I now Burden

I woke up, only a few seconds after I fell asleep. I was still being carried by Rosetta. She looked tired and in pain. Her face bright red, her eyes filled with terror.

"We can't go to the hospital, we will be bombarded. I hope they are still at the Building."

She was mumbling this to her self, the only reason I heard it was because it sounded like I was standing next to a moving train, more like a plane. I looked up at the sky, really the trees. Then before I knew it we bursted out into now what was a night sky.

"Forest!" Rosetta screamed. I tilted my head slightly to see a truck, in which Forest was getting into. She turned around and hopped of the tire. Next thing I new she grabbed my arm and helped Rosetta, who at this point looked like she was going to faint. Autumn rushed out and grabbed Rosetta, and Forest was completely carrying me now.

Forest pulled me into the trunk of the truck. She had her hands on the back of my head, which I think was keeping me awake.

"Water stay with me!" Her words were slurring together. And eventually I couldn't hear anything, or even fell anything, but I could see.

I stared up at the sky for what seemed liked ages, until I was pulled out of the truck. Into a jagged grey ceiling. I was put down onto a surface and closed my eyes, not needing to be open.

///////:/::////:::/::///////::////::///:::::::::///

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the same grey ceiling. I tried to sit up, but my arm was unusable.

"Stay down and be quiet" I heard as Rosetta pulled me behind a rock. I was staring to think we were hiding in a cave, because they didn't know where else to go. That's when it hit me. My arm burned and my leg burned even more. I could still feel like the bullet was hitting me skin. Over and over and over again. It stung like 200 bees were stinging in the same spot at the same time. I wanted to scream, but since I didn't know the predicament we were in I clenched my jaws so tight it felt as if I would break my teeth.

Then a high pitched buzzer like sound went off which sounded like the same noise I heard in the Building. I tried to cover my ears but I couldn't. It got louder and louder till it was all I could think about. Before I knew it I saw Rosetta pull me out from wherever I was binding. The ringing went on and on and she seemed to be speaking to me, but I couldn't hear her. She looked right and waved her hand signaling for someone to come over, who soon would be Forest. They started talking to each other.

I couldn't read what they were saying but I could tell in their eyes. Rosetta had turned a rose pink and Forest were a lime green, which meant they were worried. I had know them long enough to figure out their emotions through there eyes.

Slowly the ringing went away and I began to hear what they were saying.

"She's going to die if we can't find home base!"
Said Forest, basically screaming it to Rosetta.

"Well maybe if Ice," Rosetta glared at Ice," would help is it would go by faster! She's just sitting there staring at the cave ceiling!"

"Hey! I'm being useful, by staying out of the way!" Screamed Ice.

"I found something!" Screamed Autumn. "I remember when we were in the first base that they always told us they had backup bases. All between 200 miles of each other. That means there is one right near here! And that's the one everyone would be at due to the explosion of the last one."

"That's brilliant! I got Water! Split up teams of 2! Don't loose each other! Each go opposite directions. Go two miles out then turn around. Meet back here at sunset!" Said Forest.

The girls ran out in groups  of two, and Forest picked me up and began carrying me out when Rosetta shouted, " Do you think it's safe taking her. She's already In bad condition, This could make it worse."

"We can't leave her here. And before you even say it no you can not stay here alone with her. If anyone comes in, it's just you. They have started using more dangerous weapons now. We're not fighting monsters, we are fighting those who don't understand who we are. Why we are like this, even who we are supposed to be. We are fighting those who will never understand."

This entire time I thought these people were monsters, but Forest was right, they are worse than that. Forest looked into Rosetta's eyes and said, "let's go we've got a job to do."

Out she ran, with Rosetta on her tail and me in her arms. Forest called going straight because since her power was controlling the woods she built and bridge up to the top of the trees and looked around.

"There!" She pointed to a mountain about a mile away." She walked on top of the trees. The leaves made a path for her as she walked. Then it hit me. The real pain I was in. Every step Forest took made her arm move up and press right on my bad arm. I screamed when she took her next step.

" Water it's ok, were almost there!" She said as sweet as she could. The trip, for me, lasted for hours. By the time we got back on the ground, I couldn't feel my leg or my arm. Forest started running making the pain worse and worse. Until she made a complete stop I was crying.

"Here!" She said as she started pounding on the cave wall!

"Forest, it's a rock." Said Rosetta. She looked like she had lost hope. At this point I was feeling weaker and weaker. I just wanted to sleep. I slowly tilted my head back, closing my eyes.

"Water! No!" I heard Forest scream. She laid me down onto the dirt. She was shaking my shoulder, but I didn't feel it.

"No, Water! What about Fire?" And that's all I heard.