You can't make Me

I opened my eyes and I was standing in front of the building that was in the background of the photo. I started running toward the building so get a closer look.

That's when I stepped in something gooey. I looked down and my converses were covered in a red substance

" Crap!" I said out loud. I stepped out of the puddle of the red substance and bent down to look at it. It wasn't paint and it wasn't some sort of food. It was blood.

I stood up and sprinted toward the front of the building. I pounded on the door

"Open up! Please!"

I heard a metallic click and I pushed the door open. There was a long white hallway. With no doors, but I could see one. I tried to run, but the brace made it hard to do anything but walk. I was trying to pick a fight with a messed up knee and an unusable arm.

I walked my way down the white hallway, leaving my bloody footprints behind. I managed to grab a bag to put the book into, so I pulled the book out of the bag. It was steaming hot. I dropped it on the floor and very carefully flipped to the page the photo was on.

There before my very eyes was another picture being printed right next to the old one. It was a picture of a man looking into the "camera" with a grin on his face, with some, what I called to be, blood on his face.

I shoved the book back into my bag and walked even faster to get the end of the hallway. When I finally got there the door was open. I went inside to see one white desk in the center of a circular room. A lady sat at the desk busy in a book. I walked up to her and slammed my hand on the desk

"Where are my friends!"

"Excuse me, you have no right to talk to me like that."  She said, sounding as professional as possible.

"I know there here."

She looked at the ceiling, then eyed me to look. There was one camera watching us.

She whispered, " If you want your friends alive your going to have to be quiet. Play along."

I looked at her and nodded.

"Your friends are not here sweetie. Now get out of here."

"No!"

I regretted that decision. She glared at me and before I could even react two hands came around and were put over my mouth.

I tried to scream but the hands strengthened blocking and noise. I glared at the lady at the desk. She just grinned and continued to read her book called, "One Word, Revenge" I should of known.

The unidentified person pulled me along through a door, up some stairs and into yet another white room.

He slammed me down onto the floor, On my bad arm. I screamed. He pulled up a chair and picked me up and tied me to the chair. Doing his best with my arm and knee. He blindfolded me and covered my mouth. I had just made my situation worse.

I heard the door shut and heard a metallic click. Then a few seconds after that I heard something rise up and a scream. I couldn't see a thing and I couldn't do anything. I thought about burning the ropes, but I knew these people were smarter than that, so I just sat there.

I heard a voice speaking through what sounded like a microphone it was saying,

"Dear children. Not only do we have you we have your highest ranked member. She's not going to be escaping any time soon, or even getting better. So continue to do what we tell you, or you'll end up like her, Amber Bell Rain". I

I hadn't heard my full name in years yet alone my first name. I heard someone scream

"Amber! No no please not her!"

Scarlett. I tried to say back Scarlett but nothing came out.

"Maybe it's time Miss Amber sees who's here."

All of a sudden my mask came off and outside a huge window was my friends. They all were crying even Ice. Their faces were dirty and scratched. They looked worse than ever before.

I saw a guard come and start pushing them away. I heard Scarlett scream

"I'll come for you some day!"

I started crying when I heard a door open. A woman came in a sat down across from me.

"Hello Amber, I'm Miss Darwin."

I looked at her like I was going to attack her.

"Dear, you not leaving here anytime soon."

I tried to kick her, but the ropes stopped me.

"Dear unless you want another brace on your leg I would advise you to stop."

I stopped struggling and tried to burn the ropes , but instantly I was shocked.

"Dear this is a "power free" building. That's not going to work in here. I've got to be going, so why don't you come with me, if your going to behave."

I nodded I actually would behave, I needed to see what was we would be going up against.

She untied my legs but left my hands tied. She guided me out and the lead me around the horrible building. My friends were being experimented on. Being used as lab rats. Testing new tools, situations, even medicine. They weren't the ones using the new tools either. They were being used on them.

When we got to the last room it was labeled "confession". There sat Scarlett in a wooden chair. A voice said

"How do you know Amber!"

"Saw her once" she said with a straight face.

"No you've seen her more than that. Where"

She didn't answer and was shocked. I saw her role out of the chair onto the floor.

"That's enough men" said Miss. Darwin.

She led me back into the room I started in. She sat me down into the chair, but didn't tie me up. She walked out leaving me alone.

The room was all white with a bed in one corner and a desk in the other. On a dresser next to the desk was my bag. I walked over and opened it and grabbed the book. I sat on the bed looking at the book.

The book became hot but I acted like nothing was wrong so the people wouldn't get suspicious. Because I knew there was a camera somewhere.

Another picture appeared on the page this time it was of Scarlett. She looked tired and hurt. She was holding a sign that said, "Don't tell them anything."

I shut the book and started to cry. I had messed up any chance of leaving this place, with my friends.

I stopped crying, realizing it wasn't going to help the situation. I stood up and looked down. There on the floor was the camera. I quickly looked away and went to the dresser, which was out of view of the camera. I hid the book in the third drawer down underneath a blue blanket.

I went the the window and looked out. There on the other side was Scarlett tied to a chair. With the same man saying

"How do you know her!"

"I don't!" She would say, then she would get shocked. I looked out and started to cry.

My life had changed since I got to SGWS and I wanted to change it even more. I probably made the worst mistake, but with all my strength I punched the widow.

It came down piece and piece in what seemed like low motion. It rained on me piercing my skin but I didn't scream. I just stood there showing everyone how strong I really was.

Fire and Waterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें