Piece by Piece

The world eventually started speeding up and I acted quick. My skin was on fire, but I did my best and jumped out the window. I pulled my knee brace off and stated sprinting away from that room.

The alarms were blaring and red lights were flashing. I ran down the hallway trying to to find were my friends were being kept. I saw Ice, coming out of a door.

"Ice!"

She looked at me and ran back inside leaving the door open. I got inside the room and slammed the door.

"Fire!" They all screamed.

"I need you to hind me. Did you hide the camera?"

"Ok and yes." Forest said. "Come here. I found this loose tile a few days ago."

She picked up the tile and there was just enough room to fit so I climbed in and forest put the tile back on just before I heard the door open.

"Where is she." A guard said

"Where's who?" Said forest.

" You know who."

"She's missing!" Forest said while starting to cry.

"She's not here." Said Rosetta

"Move out men!"

I heard the door shut, but the girls didn't lift the tile up. I was going to do it myself, but there may have been a guard still in the room so I just sat still.

Then what seemed like forever the door opened and closed. The girls started running around and forest opened the tile.

"I'm so sorry Fire one guard stayed in here an.."

"It's fine," I said," We need to find a way out."

"There isn't." Said Rosetta

"While you were busy being healed we were here working injuries and all. " Ice screamed

"It's not my fault! That a building fell on me and I was trapped for longer than you!" I screamed back.

Ice walked up to me and put her hand right on top of the scratch on my face.

"I'm glad I'm some distant relative to whoever did this to you." She said flinging her hair back.

I instantly slapped her in the face. She fell back and walked away so fast I could barely see her.

"Guys this is exactly what they want to happen. All of us to turn against each other!" Said Forest.

I heard footsteps outside the door and the metallic click.

I dove into the hole and kicked the tile so it would fall down. I landed on my bad knee so that wasn't pleasant.

"Girls it's time for inspection." Said the same guard as earlier.

I heard footsteps and the door close. They were heavy searching the room. Under the beds through the mattresses. To add to it all they were checking the tiles.

One by one each tiles was stepped on to see if is was weak. I held my breath as they neared. They stepped on mine. They paused, then kept going. I held my breath longer just in case they came back. After a while I slowly let go of my breath. I heard the door open and feet shuffled in and the door slammed shut.

The tile opened and there was Forest. She looked worried. She gave me her hand and pulled me out. There sat all my friends tied to the beds. The guards lined up around the room.

" Thank you Forest" the guard that was holding her said. Then he threw her toward the wall and landed limply on the floor.

He grabbed me so tight I remembered the glass still in my skin. I didn't even fight. He carried me back to the stupid white room and locked the door when he left.

I looked at myself I had cuts up and down my arms and legs. My knee was solid purple and my cast had broken, but my arm didn't hurt.

One by one I tried to get as much glass out of my skin and eventually I did. I took a extra sheet of of the dresser and made a makeshift cast around my knee.

Eventually Miss Darwin came in. That's when I realized the window was fixed. She sat down on that the desk while I just looked out the fixed window.

"What in the world brought you to do such a thing. You've just hurt your friends even more now."

I just looked the window.

" You know life is better than you think it is here." With that she got up and walked out.

I watched her walk down the hallway until I couldn't see her anymore. I turned around and went to the third drawer and pulled out the book. I flipped to the last pictures.

There were two new ones. One was a picture of me slapping Ice in the face. The other was when I was carried out. But in the corner of the picture I could see Forest laying on the floor.

I sat down on the bed and unwrapped my knee. It was now a different shade of purple. I said

"Can I get a doctor or something?!"

Then eventually one came in and looked at my knee.

"Your kneecap, it's cracked."

I looked at her and gave her a look that said 'fix it'

"All I can do is brace it back up." She said as she braced it. After she was done she walked out.

Great, cracked kneecap. This is going to be fun. I sat on the edge of the bed and looked out the window. When the alarms went off and the red lights flashed. Smoke filled the hallway, but not my room.

I saw men running down the hallways, and I saw men chasing them.

I noticed they had different uniforms on. Uniforms of SGWS. They had found us. I banged on the window but as I did the curtain was shutting 

"NOO" I screamed but it was to late. It was shut and I couldn't do anything about it.

I heard what I thought was guns being fired back and forth. I slipped on my blood coated converse and grey sweatshirt, just in case I needed to make a quick dash.

That's when I heard it. A big crack and the falling of concrete. The building was caving in. This whole lab place that I never figured out was caving in. Piece my piece it fell. I crawled the the corner of the room. I pulled out the book and looked at the last page. There was a picture of the building falling and what I assumed to be Scarlett on her knees and Forest behind her.

They made it out. That's all that mattered. That's when I slammed the book and saw darkness.

Next chapter I'm going to do a different POV just to give the story some spice!!

-Swim_fast24