Chapter 10: The Nightmares

Start from the beginning

I change into regular clothes and race to the station. I run in and find that I can't get to the cells because of the front desk deputy. I have to distract her. "Hello." I say.

"Hello, shouldn't you be home?" She asks. 

"Eh. I actually have a school project, and I was hoping you could give me some files."

"Maybe, depending on the file."

"Adam Milligan. I saw him on the news." I say. He was the only person I could think of. 

"Oh, horrible animal attack. 'Guts ripped out...' that's a horrible way to die. Nightmare-ish" She says, reading the article. "Why do you need this?"

"School project on current events." I say, as I grab the file. I sit down and open it as I hear the door open. I loo up and see Derek walking in. I giggle silently as he walks towards the counter, not noticing me. 

"Hello, how may I help... you?" The woman says, coming face to face with a very handsome Derek Hale.  

"Hi." He says with a smile.

"Hi." She says, a little flabbergasted. 

"Um, I had a question. Uh, sorry, I'm a little- a little thrown. I wasn't expecting someone..."

"Like me?" She asks, giggling.

 "I was going to say 'so incredibly beautiful' but yeah, I guess that'd be the same thing." I snort and the front desk lady glances at me, giving me a look. They keep talking, until the computer screen catches Derek's eye. "What do you have over there?" He asks.

"Oh, I had to bring up a file. Just an animal attack in Minnesota." She says.

"That's horrible. Why would you have to bring it up?"

The lady jerks her head in my direction as I flip the page in the file loudly. I see Derek turn out of the corner of my eye. I look up and smirk. "Hi." I wave my hand, before getting back to the file. 

All of a sudden, the fire alarm goes off. The lady behind the desk, ushers me out, as I see Derek run to the cells. I leave the building, knowing that Isaac will be ok with Derek. Some alphas wouldn't be concerned for their betas. (A/N: cough*cough Deucalion cough*)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get into bed just as I hear Scott come home. He trudges up the stairs and stops by my room. "Hey Scott." I say. 

"Hey..." He grumbles. 

"Did you lock the door?" I ask, knowing that our mom has to work the late shift tonight. 

"Yeah..."

"Ok, well, good night." I say.

"Night." He says, leaving. I guess it was a hard full moon. I curl up in bed and instantly fall asleep.

I lay on the table, waiting for my daily dose of torture. I know that struggling is futile and if I just stay still, I might be ok. 

The door opens and I see two figures walk in. For the past 30 years, it has always been Alistair. Who's the other person?

As they get closer, I notice Alistair is one of them. He walks over and picks up a knife. "Ready darling?" He asks, with his evil smirk. 

"Go to hell." I spit.

"Already here, sweet pea." He says. He hands the knife to the other figure, who steps out of the shadows. I gasp in realization. 

"Dean?" I ask, struggling against the burning binds. 

"Sorry Lizzie." He says, before slicing the knife down my torso. I scream out and start to cry. 

"Dean don't do this. Please don't--- AH!" He keeps hacking me up, the same way Alistair does. Alistair gives little comments and Dean actually takes them and causes more pain. "Stop! Please!" I scream. I look over at a smug Alistair, who walks over, stopping Dean. 

"I'll make him stop, if you just pick up the blade." Alistair says. I spit at him, breathing harshly. "Alright. Don't say I didn't warn you." Dean picks up the blade again.

"Dean, please think about this--AHH!!"

"AHHH!" I scream in my bed. I keep screaming, and trying to get away. I feel a body next to me and try to crawl away. "Stop! PLEASE, STOP!" I scream, tears rolling down my face. 

"Lizzie! You're ok!" I faintly hear someone say.

"No, no. NO!" I scream. I finally stop and just sob into the body.

"Shh, you're ok." I hear Scott say. I sob even harder into him. 

I haven't had any of those nightmares in a while, not since I got out of hell. And even then I was able to control myself. Why am I screaming out now?

Hope you liked even though it's a short chapter!