Chapter 24 - Shopping Buddies

Começar do início

                                                                      :~:~:

“Okay, let’s split up.” I said, pulling out my shopping list, the girls and guys gathered around me just inside Target.

“Erin, Kris, Liam, and Harry, you guys get meats, drinks, and other cold stuff. Rikki, Heather, Zayn, and Niall, you get breakfast foods and desserts. Louis and I will get snacks and condiments. We’ll meet here in half an hour. GO!”

We all ran in random directions, some towards the cold foods section, others toward cereals. I grabbed Louis’ wrist and dashed towards the chips/crackers aisle.

“We gotta hurry!” I said, tossing a bag of cheddar Ruffles into the basket Louis was holding.

“Why? Half an hour is more than enough time to get some snacks.” Louis chuckled, watching me frantically get Cheetos, Cheez-Its, and Saltines.

“I have some other things to grab, but it’s a secret.” I replied, throwing in a package of tortilla chips and a big bag of pretzels. “C’mon, let’s go get some peanut butter!”

Louis followed quickly as I ran to an aisle where I grabbed the biggest jars of peanut butter and Nutella they had.

“What’s the secret?” He inquired, helping out by striding over and getting some maple syrup.

I paused to turn and look at him. “Louis, what’s tomorrow?”

The British boy furrowed his eyebrows adorably, and I giggled at how cute he looked.

“I don’t know, I haven’t looked at a calender in a while.” Louis admitted, looking at me for help.

“Today’s January 31st, Lou.” I said, wrapping my arm around his elbow and heading us towards a different aisle.

“Oh fuck, tomorrow’s Harry’s birthday!” Louis exclaimed. “Shit, I forgot his present at my flat in London!”

“Don’t worry, I’m sure he’ll be okay with you giving it to him when you go home.” I comforted him. “Do you think the boys remember?”

“Our trip has kind of thrown off our schedule.” He said, not noticing as I grabbed some flour tortillas. “I doubt they’ve looked at a calender recently, either. In fact, I don’t think Harry even remembers. He’s been pretty occupied with Kris…”

“They are so gonna get married first.” I chuckled, hooking my elbow with his and skipping to the cold foods aisle and getting all the other ingredients I required.

“Okay, it should be time to meet up again.” I said, checking the time on my phone.

“Hey April?”

“Yeah?” I looked up at Louis’ face, now a few inches shorter than him in the absence of my heels.

Louis leaned down and placed a quick kiss on my lips before pulling away, his eyes wandering over my face with a content grin.

After a moment’s pause of looking into is sparkling blue eyes, I whispered, “Race you.”

Before Louis could register what I’d said, I sprinted off in the direction of where the check out lanes were, gripping the basket full of food tightly as to not spill any of it.

My boyfriend shouted after me, making me giggle. Soon I saw the others in our group appearing in front of me and I slowed to a stop, joined only a few seconds later by Louis who had caught up with me (although I was an extremely slow runner, so that was no surprise).

“Everyone ready?” I chirped, looking around at my friends.

“Yeppers peppers!” Erin exclaimed, making me roll my eyes at the expression that she’d been trying to make popular for years.

“Stop trying to make yeppers peppers happen.” I joked, changing the Mean Girls quote to fit our situation.

Erin laughed in reply before quoting, “Boo, you whore.”

We’d seen Mean Girls way too many times for it to be healthy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: FOR THE NEXT DEDICATION TELL ME WHICH FICTIONAL BOOK WORLD YOU WOULD WANT TO LIVE IN FOR ONE YEAR (ex: The Harry Potter world, The Lord of the Rings world, something like that)

I'd want to live in the Shadowhunter world of the Clockwork Angel series :) WILL HERONDALE I LOVE YOU (shoutout to any Clockwork Angel fans)

~Grace xx