Chapter 18: There Comes A time For GoodBye

Start from the beginning

-Yeah, I can understand that, it's not easy,You need time to process and move on but I know you will eventually , She stopped talking and looked me in the eyes and I could see sincerity, sympathie in them , then she took my hand, hold it on her and said : If you ever need anything, if you ever find yourself in such trouble again or you just need to talk then you must call me, talk to me, I will always be there for you, I will always hold your hand, I wish If you told me earlier, I wish if you called me that day, I wish if I could have helped you more, been there for you.

She let go of my hand and quit talking, so both of us, sit there silently eating, it felt awkward, I didn't know what to tell her, surely I appreciate each word she said, yet I didn't call her, I didn't want to .

- Truth to be said , she cut the silence, since the hospital, I thought you shouldn't stay with him anymore, I mean, did you see what he has done to you ?? You scared the hell of me that day and I would be a liar if I told you I wasn't worried about you, he's a jerk, like the worse kind of jerks, you deserve someone better than that.

-Is there kinds of jerks ? I laughed

Clara shook her head in disbelief, then said : Of course , there are.

After that, we both launch a storm of laughing, it was so hard to a point I though we're going to die.

-So let capitulate, you spend two nights at hotels, in both Allan helped you so you're like owning him much now and he won't forget it, you will see.

She spoke seriously while I was listening , I felt like my heart beats are going to stop, definitely didn't think of that, he will also want a payback and I don't know when , that's terrifying , not knowing, being uncertain; unsure.

-And now, you're staying with Martha, your boss's mother, so much unprofessional, you see what happen when you don't talk with me, you lose it all, she smiled.

-You forget one thing, Sarah fired me and I still don't know and understand why.

-I do , she stated.

-Really ? I questioned, surprised by her answer, I mean, how can she understand and find it normal , not bizarre or anything, just like Allan , he wasn't surprised too, I hope she won't same thing as him.

-Well, she was jealous.

-What ? I exclaimed, feeling frustrated , I mean here I am again with Sarah being emotional and jealous, I said that to myself annoyed, "Of me ? Or what?" I asked.

-"No, I mean I'm not sure if it's you too,"

She stopped talking to think, she seemed concentrated, her finger on her mouth, looking to the sky as if she's seeking an answer from it.

-Clara, still hungry ? I cut the silence, I could no longer wait for her explanation.

-What ? No, sorry, I was just thinking very deeply into everything you said, look what I know is, she is seeing Allan, but it's not exclusive, in fact, I think he has never been with just one woman that he date, he is not very attached person and not looking for any kind of serious relationship, of course, Sarah knew all this like everyone else does and she accepted it, but I guess sometimes, she just can't handle it and get jealous when she know he's with someone else, it's a very difficult situation she gets herself into, you know.

-Ahmm, I nodded, trying to understand how much it sucks.

-What does it have to do with me ? Why did she say it's all my fault? I questioned

-Now, that is what I was thinking about, it's a bit strange, perhaps something changed in their relationship since you come or maybe because you received the scholarship than she is worried and see you as threat especially that now you left your husband.