Request: The Prelude to Death

I lay there on what seemed to be a cement ground in the middle of nowhere split into three different people from the waist up. My eyes from my own body were changing colors rapidly – and the only reason I could tell this is that it felt like I had multiple personalities with everyone I'd ever fused with. Mostly people who came straight back out within five minutes.

"Justin, what just happened?" Lily was trying to wake up out of the haze.

"Tensei, Makoto... Saitō doko ni iru no? Naze, watashi wa miru koto ga dekinai nodesu ka?" Reiko's words came out nearly at the same time.

"We're either dead or I'm going insane."

"Fix this, before we all die."

"I can't."

"Then I'll just take Reiko out of here and leave you to die."

"I can't die, not now."

"Nobody wants to die Justin, but if you can't fix this problem we're unable to help you."

"Lily... I'm sorry."

"Someday you'll know what sorry means."

"LILY."

"Justin, save your breath, you'll need it when you wake up from all of this mess."

I began to cough, it felt like an asthmatic cough but it was my own death coming to grasp at my lungs and shut down my organs. At least I would like to think I was being tortured for my sins.

"I can't be your ball and chain anymore Justin, I'm sorry." Lily split herself from me, and carefully pulled Reiko out with her. She knew neither of them could handle living on their own, due to the nature of the accident that fused them in the first place..

"I don't want you to... but how ...."

"You can't save yourself now Justin, it's too late... we're the only ones left in a dead world."

"What do you mean?" I was about to cry like a baby in a minute, the pain of my bones being crushed, my lungs coughing up dust – everything was toppling across me like a train on a track.

"Kam's closed the portal from both ends and trapped us here."

"Lily, don't lie."

"Jasutin wa, Ririan ga uso o tsuite iru koto o shinjiru nante baka desu. Kamu-san wa pōtaru o heisa shi, wareware wa anata ga sore ni tsuite nani ga dekiru ima, tojikome rarete iru?" Reiko spoke, even though normally she could speak English, somehow all of this stress was getting to everyone. Except I still couldn't understand what she was saying and nor could Lily.

"KAM-SAN CLOSED PORTAL. DEATH COME QUICKLY." Reiko yelled out and kicked me straight in the family jewels. She wasn't just angry about my fuck ups now, she was angry and mortified that this now has the rest of the universe dead and gone. I couldn't focus on that, I didn't believe either of them.

I tried to sit up, with all these broken bones there wasn't much for me to be able to support myself with. I'm just hoping some major universal star around our galaxy blows up in my face and I can die before this all goes away.

"Because of you we can't go anywhere. We're stuck in some sort of hell."

"Hell is too good for such an enemy as Justin." Reiko wavered in her step and walked towards Lily.

"Maybe if we are good, Izuchi can have a chance at redoing his haven in a safer place, maybe his homeland?"

"I think maybe!" Reiko nodded and grabbed lily's hands, and was pulled forward to fuse back with her. I guess maybe they found a portal that was able to take them back into existence. The last thing from Lily's single hands was the middle finger salute.. and as I watch Inuko walk away, the last thoughts I have before the blood clots make their way to my heart; are the thoughts of nothing.

"Goodnight Izuchi-san, I hope I will see you in the morning and fix all of this..."

Within minutes of scraping that from my dying throat, every living thing inside of me shuts down. The lights go out, and the ability to breath and think shuts down. My existence was in vain, and I no longer exist – so the idea I could fix all this by morning is nothing more than a dream by now.

Where are you?

Why can't I see?

You are a fool, why do you believe that Lillian is a lie, Justin? Kam's closed the portal, on us - concerning that fact how can you live with it, you are confined and fused to us.

'6}@