17 - Twenty Something's A Dirtbag

After the fall at the apartment, we decided it was best to bring Lily into the hospital - the Haven didn't have the equipment needed to take care of her. She passed out alright, but hasn't woken up - or responded to anyone's plights. I wanted to beat the shit out of my Father, but there was no real reason to. I swear I'm starting to feel like I'm Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist. It's a matter of knowing how you feel about someone who wasn't always there when you needed them most. Those who were blind to the neglect, but tried to be there when you got older.

I sat in the chair practically the whole night burying my head in my arms. I'm not even in my mid-twenties yet and I already feel like things are closing in on me. These things are surrounding me like a nasty thunderstorm, and I can't cool the atmosphere enough to stop the tornadoes from causing a huge mess.

Terrin walked back into the room with a few munchies and a six pack of Mountain Dew. Something tells me we'll be here for a while...

"Sit up, the brooding emo look isn't becoming of you." Terrin slapped me on the knee as he walked past. "It's not your fault she's in here."

"Oh, really - so after all that you try and say it's not. How the fuck do you sleep at night with your shitty lies?" I growled back at him, it was like the devil inside was at play instead of at bay.

"This isn't your fight, you fucking retard. They don't even know what's wrong with her." Terrin sighed, and flicked a bag of chips at me. "They didn't have Corn Chips, so I got you some cheddar sour cream chips instead."

That's just it, he doesn't understand me. I'm at fault for Lily's weakness. Exhausted and unable to fight the problems that have been coming at her because she's half of what she used to be. I couldn't be fucked trying to solve it when I had the time. I should've figured out how to re-fuse when this mess all started.

"Justin, I'm no telepath, but your fucking brooding attitude isn't helping her any. So what if this is your fault; you didn't do it on purpose. For fucks sakes you stupid dog, just cause I don't give two shits about you doesn't mean I want your life taken and buried underground."

He was right, I didn't - but I'm allowed to feel like an ass for fucking up aren't I?

"I asked the doctor if this had to do with her narcolepsy." Terrin spoke up in the midst of my silence.

"Yeah?"

"Yep, he said it could be - and if it's because of the abilities that come with it we need to monitor it before she leaves the hospital. It could be a problem if she leaves without it being noted." Terrin was on about something I didn't understand... "They had also told us they could do a few more tests, but she'd have to go home soon because of her illegal condition."

How's that for an answer, because she's half of what she legally was years ago - and it's my fault, they won't treat her the same way as others.

Frankly, it wasn't that - it's just that normal hospitals aren't legally allowed to treat our kind. It's all because of some republican decision after a few wayward psychos blew up a hospital in Southern California. See what I mean by my fault? Rachel, Shania, and I were a part of that team; and what's funny is - it wasn't a renegade attack. We were a part of the same end of the government that told us we were illegal in hospitals. We were used to set laws in place for the ones that were not a problem; to control the unseen. Much like with race, religion, and sexuality before us - we're the ones that were used to screw everything up for everyone else.