22 Vertigo and Nicotine

I light my cigarette slowly with the matches from my pocket and walk in my usual strange ass stride to the front door of the old nightclub come warehouse/storefront. As I move closer to the darkened door I exhale the smoke from my body while the turquoise in my eyes slowly melts away back to black and red. Pulling the handle towards me, the door opens with ease and I take my first steps closer to fixing this disaster.

"Welcome back."

"Didn't come back for you jackass, get your Dizzy ass 'way from the door - I'm here for Jessie." The way I talk in this scene is far from who I really am, it's something you obtain when you sit around doing nothing but assuming it's some sort of superhuman mafia.

"Dizzy, settle your balls - I can smell Sparky's fake balls a mile away."

Jessica Nishikawa, or Necromance as she's always calling herself. Much older than me for some reason, must be a sign of the times that the cooler the older they are. She has a key to all of this mess, and I'm bound to figure it out.

"WHY IN GODS NAME IS EVERYONE FUCKING CALLIN' ME SPARKY NOW'DAYS?" I tried to keep the crazy mafia accent, or at least my version of it - sounded more like a bad voice actor doing Gambit than anything else after that.

"Kaji sent you."

"How about no."

"How about I can smell his flaming pants from miles away?" Jessica put her hand on my neck and squeezed trying to decide if I was worthy enough to go inside the building. "You haven't changed much from either timeline."

"Kaji didn't send me, I came on my own - and I don't know what you're talking about." So the accent was out of the window, it was important to explain Kaji was not the idiot to send me. Except that I was lying - he did give me her information. I wasn't looking anywhere near that half dead shorty that already greeted me at the door; and yet his yapping was getting louder and his nasty zombie like breath was getting on my nerves.

"Come to apologize for what you did?" Dizzy stared at me, he was a shorter Asian - Japanese at that, shirt off and already licking Jessica's neck. "You did burn Hyori's neck with your lighter that one day." He was talking about the guitarist of his band that existed at the time... which was weird, because the story I got back then was that they were a popular sort of indies band in japan but a freak accident left them dead...

So Nishikawa, miss Jessie here dug them up - or rather resurrected them from the dead with her abilities. She's not the only one with strange ass abilities - might as well put them to good use. It was a club full of necromancy and literally underground musicians. Not all of them survived the night...

"I didn't do anything of the fucking sort..."

I didn't do it, to be honest I barely remember the day it happened. My memory comes in a basket, some days it comes rolled in fucking toilet paper wads. How was I supposed to gather that Kaji was going to be an ass and blame it all on me?

"So what the hell are you here for?" Jess looked at me with an eye for eye - I guess something was wrong either with me or the fact I lied to her and she could tell. Either way she could tell I was after something.

"I hear you got a key to all this mess that's falling around..."

"Mess? Honey, this isn't just a mess, It's a fucking emergency. And how do you know I have a key, that flame broiler knows how to yack more than he does fry a hamburger." She grilled me for a moment before almost tripping over Dizzy's flustering actions... "NANI YO.... Dizzy DO NOT TOUCH THAT."