Ch. 11: My Life is Officially Over

I stepped inside my house and found Nikki and Jade playing on the stairs.

"Your home!" Jade cheered as she slid down the rail and plopped right infront of my face.

"Your home!" Nikki echoed as she did the same as Jade.

I smiled. "What have you two been doing since I've been gone?"

Nikki grinned at Jade. "Jade was teaching me how to be a-

"Nikki, let's not tell her. Let's have her figure it out on her own." Jade smiled at Nikki.

What the heck was going on?

Nikki nodded then leaped upstairs and into her room.

"So... who needs a beatdown?" Jade asked playing with her fists.

I shook my head. "I do." I mumbled.

"Why what happened?" She asked again.

"I'll tell you after you tell me what you taught my sister." I giggled.

Jade's eyes got big. "Alright. I was teaching your sister how to be a bad-ass, your sister and I threw eggs at Mr. Martinez's car."

I rolled my eyes. "Mr. Martinez is a really nice man, he doesn't deserve to be the victim of you guy's prank."

Jade broke out in laughter.

"It's not funny. He's 89 years old, he fought in World War II. He's blind you know..." I explained hitting her upside her head.

"Ow, I didn't know." She said softly.

"Well now you do, and now we're going to go over there and apologize and offer to wash his car." I said marching out of the house grabbing Jade's arm.

"What's the point of apologizing when he didn't see us do it." She whinned.

I thought for a minute.

"And why is a blind guy even driving. It's probably not even his car." She continued.

I nodded. "Okay, then you can wash it, just hope he doesn't see you." I said grabbing a hose and handing it to Jade, she looked confused.

"What am I supposed to do with this?"

I turned on the water and watched it blast out of the hose.

"Wash all of the wasted eggs you threw at his car without being caught. Maybe he wont notice the difference." I explained.

She pointed the hose at his car then watched as all of the eggs fell off.

"There's a whole bunch of eggs on the head lights." I said pointing out the obvious.

"Hey! What the hell are you kids doing?" Mr. Martinez said busting out of his front door.

My eyes grew big and so did Jade's.

"You told me he was blind!" Jade hollered loud enough for him to hear.

I was speechless.

"What are you doing to my car? What happened!" He panicked.

"Hello, Mr. Martinez. We mean no harm, I would first like to thank you for saving our country. Some random kids threw eggs at your car and we thought we should clean their mess up for you." I lied slowly.

He stood there silent and examined both of us. "What are you two's names?"

"My name's Mona." Jade introduced. "And her name is Emily." She lied.

"Where do you kids live?" He interrogated.

Jade blankly stared at me than back at him.

"We live just down the street, we were on our way to the mailboxes until we noticed what happened to your car. We're so sorry." I continued on with my lie.